Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 12:19 PM
Kobold

I've played both, red>blue, and I'm not interested in pvp (yet).

The people on red who comment about the griefing is accurate. The people who don't play red generally have exaggerated stories on how bad it is.

There are some people who get jollies by heading to crushbone/unrest/MM and dominating new players with there far superior gear. You can either expect it and level there, or go somewhere else with your stalwart group of adventurers and kill stuff in peace. Outside of those 3 zones, I've never been griefed.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JboxCSU [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've played both, red>blue, and I'm not interested in pvp (yet).

The people on red who comment about the griefing is accurate. The people who don't play red generally have exaggerated stories on how bad it is.

There are some people who get jollies by heading to crushbone/unrest/MM and dominating new players with there far superior gear. You can either expect it and level there, or go somewhere else with your stalwart group of adventurers and kill stuff in peace. Outside of those 3 zones, I've never been griefed.
The griefing thing is true but I'm in my 50's and it has not been a major element of my red experience, despite camping all those zones. It really just doesn't measure up to a large portion.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastignac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The griefing thing is true but I'm in my 50's and it has not been a major element of my red experience, despite camping all those zones. It really just doesn't measure up to a large portion.
True. Even when I decide to level in MM, for instance, there are plenty of times my group is left alone or the griefers main is off raiding somewhere. It really isn't that bad.

But, if that sort of thing would really bother you, then maybe red isn't for you...just letting you know what you're getting into!
Old 11-24-2015, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JboxCSU [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True. Even when I decide to level in MM, for instance, there are plenty of times my group is left alone or the griefers main is off raiding somewhere. It really isn't that bad.

But, if that sort of thing would really bother you, then maybe red isn't for you...just letting you know what you're getting into!
Yeah, if you are super risk-averse Red is not the place for you. If you are someone who rages (and you aren't going to suffer through until you are geared enough to take your rage out on noobs) then red isn't for you.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Play both, see which one you like. Same advice I'd give for what class to play- roll everything that sounds fun and give it a try before settling for one.

I personally enjoy Blue more due to the population (700-1400), community and my unreliable schedule. There are very few zones that are completely empty, and there's always someone in a newbie yard to buff/toss a velium weapon. Most people are sociable if not very friendly and quick to chat about the whole feel good EQ-nostalgia train we're all here for. You wont always be able to get X camp, but that's the price you pay for having a similar-to-Live population (which is more important to me than camping item-X). There's plenty of zones and plenty of people to enjoy your time on Blue, so long as you don't get frustrated by the presence of others. Blue might be for you if you like meeting people, leveling classically, and aren't in a rush for acquiring specific items.

I play on Red occasionally too, and it can be a lot of fun. Some people prefer the Exp bonus to fly through levels and the lack of competition due to the low population (100-350). If PvP is your thing you may or may not have fun, depending on how seriously you take it. EQ made no attempt at balancing PvP, so some classes can be frustrating when coupled with EQ mechanics. Red does have a much smaller population, so if you don't dig the ghost town vibe it might not be your thing. Global OOC helps the server not feel so empty, but comes with what I'll call "lack-luster" banter by and large. Red might be for you if you want to level extremely fast, don't care about the population, and don't mind or enjoy PvP.

So! Play both, see which one you dig. Maybe play both if that's your style.
Last edited by Crawdad; 11-24-2015 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: numbers
Old 11-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

the population gap's a lot smaller when you consider that usually at least 1/3 the blue pop is AFK at any given time, whether it be in EC tunnel or waiting for a camp to spawn. when you look at red population, those are all players at their keyboard actually playing the game. i mean yeah the population gap is definitely pretty big -- the AFK population on blue alone is probably the entire pop of red, but it's not quite as crazy as you'd think when you consider that.

red off-peak population is abyssmal though. during hours where US people are awake the server feels very much alive, but if you're euro/aus you aren't going to have a good time unless your goal is to farm endgame content uncontested. if anything it's a huge advantage for those guys, but i'm sure it's super frustrating when they try to level alts.
Last edited by Xaanka; 11-24-2015 at 05:18 PM..
Old 11-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
but if you're euro/aus you aren't going to have a good time unless your goal is to farm endgame content uncontested. if anything it's a huge advantage for those
Farm end game content? There aren't enough people on in the morning to do anything.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this will probably cause loads of debate and trolling and what not, but Im looking to get back involved in p99, would you suggest blue or red. What are your reasons? Hows the player count for both servers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshi235 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got killed in pvp combat today and declared LNS clearly in ooc to get my corpse. All of that was ok, until they proceeded to train mobs onto my naked body when I'm simply attempting get my corpse and leave.... They knew my bind location so they keep training me. I decided to disconnect to avoid losing more exp.

This is allowed because its not enforced or what? Anything that can be done? From what I've read, nothing....
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh....php?p=2120208

^This does not sound like much fun imo, but hey, to each their own.
Closed Thread