Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 06:48 PM
Orc

Did you use a lumi staff for any of the velious quadding? I'm wondering how that will impact things. My Druid is currently 45 looking to break into 46 to play with the staff.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:59 PM
Kobold

I didn't have a Lumi for any of it. I did 95% around 200-205 wis if that helps. I'm finishing the pics for the write on it today so stand by for a proper guide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Saum
lvl 55 Druid of Tunare
App to Anonymous
Old 01-19-2016, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

The lumi staff helps conserve mana, but with the amount of hit points Velious mobs have, it can be really time-consuming to use it compared to Lightning Blast (49 spell).

I'd say 46-48, it can replace your Lightning Strike spell, 49+ in Velious it's just a tiny mana-free nuke with a really long cast time.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 01-20-2016, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

only used Lumi staff to finish some quads I got unlucky resists on or ones I started with not ideal mana initially

the cast time is so long that you literally have to start it the second your quad gets into range or you will be dead before it goes off
Old 01-20-2016, 03:13 PM
Orc

I headed over to CS and started quadding wyverns using mainly lumi staff. Worked out pretty well. I didn't need to resnare anything so I was able to get 5 or 6 kites off without medding
Old 01-25-2016, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rciv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I headed over to CS and started quadding wyverns using mainly lumi staff. Worked out pretty well. I didn't need to resnare anything so I was able to get 5 or 6 kites off without medding
Yeah, I'm not sure how people complain about the long cast time or low dmg of the Lumi. Your kites might be quicker with your own spells, but the medding period lasts well longer than a Lumi kite. I'd say with Lumi you are looking at 2.5 kites for every 1 using your own mana.

I personally liked to hybrid. On Wyv's I would cast 2 of my own AOE's, then Lumi them the rest of the way down. The ONLY reason, and i mean ONNLLYY reason you wouldn't want to use Lumi staff is if you're quadding in an area that is tight, and you can't get 10seconds out of range for the clicky.

Asher
Closed Thread