Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could someone post a logical argument from an atheist as to why an agnostic is wrong or dumb? I've never really had one but can imagine they would have at least one.
There isn't one. Also agnosticism and atheism aren't mutually exclusive. One pertains to matters of knowledge, and the other to belief.

Agnostic Atheist: We can't know whether there is a God, but I believe there isn't.
Gnostic Atheist: I believe there is no God and I claim to know it because of "evidence" x, y, z.
Agnostic Theist: We can't know whether there is a God, but I believe there is.
Gnostic Theist: I believe there is a God and I claim to know it because of "evidence" x, y, z.
Gnome: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2/5 of these are stupid.
Last edited by Lune; 02-06-2016 at 09:16 PM..
Old 02-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Banned

Your second one reminds me of the closest I ever got to be convinced that I was wrong for being agnostic rather than atheist. I guess it got something along the lines of theirs so much evidence that there is no God that you'd be a fool to believe that there was at all. But thanks to all the reneducation i've gone through my entire life being brought up a Catholic it's just way too easy for me to say, well there is that whole faith thing. So I've always identified as an agnostic. I'll either not be surprised or I'll be totally relieved when I die. Win-win for me!
Old 02-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Banned

agnosticism is the choice of cowards and knaves
Old 02-06-2016, 11:34 PM
Banned

and/or pascal's-wager-enthusiasts*

*this is a fancy way of saying dumbass, namaste
Old 02-06-2016, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Of course IRL it just means 'don't know'. Yet then in an elf simulator (some might take as IRL), it just means you can hit any plane w/o faction probs. Of course if you do that IRL you might get 20 to life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-06-2016, 11:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course IRL it just means 'don't know'. Yet then in an elf simulator (some might take as IRL), it just means you can hit any plane w/o faction probs. Of course if you do that IRL you might get 20 to life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is a very bad post whats wrong with you
Old 02-07-2016, 02:54 AM
Sarnak

Default guns in a modern country

There is soo much proof , in many other countries that the general population does not need firearms.
When you allow cheap assalt weapons (in the 1000 range) you have more gun voilence in your general population.
Its a sickening thought to think it is okay to own weapons, where the primary purpose is to kill other people.
Just think about the fact, bullet proof bookcases and blankets are a thing in USA primary schools!!!!
Where else is that a thing in another western world school.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:57 AM
Banned

welcome to america, it costs extra $$$ to live inside the amusement park.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2016, 03:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothsa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is soo much proof , in many other countries that the general population does not need firearms.
When you allow cheap assalt weapons (in the 1000 range) you have more gun voilence in your general population.
Its a sickening thought to think it is okay to own weapons, where the primary purpose is to kill other people.
Just think about the fact, bullet proof bookcases and blankets are a thing in USA primary schools!!!!
Where else is that a thing in another western world school.
weapons of death are protected by the second amendment of the constitution and we all must honor the ideas of the great slaveowners who lived over 200 years ago

thanks for reading
Old 02-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by disenchant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guessing your 1095-B wasn't too favorable
I belly laughed
Closed Thread