Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 07:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no, luclin changed the game into ez mode
Old 02-09-2016, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just heard Luclin is coming to this server! Yay.
/llort
Damn straight, sometime early April. Get to ec tunnel and start selling your soon to be worthless loot at great discounts, guys!
Old 02-09-2016, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

I love how people thump their chests about ezmode yet the two hardest expansions in EQ's history, GoD and Underfoot, saw the largest exodus of players.

I'd also love to see the RNF threads about RZtW
Old 02-09-2016, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

A very good reason players left during GoD was Sony / Verant started really getting greedy for expansion sales and split that expansion in half. The raider crowd could not complete the expansion initially until they obtained items from the second half. And along the way towards the end, many of the encounters were not completed and had stock monsters with simple drops - oversized human male dropping cloth caps anyone?

Didn't Underfoot bring in the Dragonkin player race which basically made every other race possibility under powered (and pointless) due to their innate breath weapon attack or something? Players had no true weakness and rolled through stuff until reaching the higher ends again. Older players were not amused.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

No
Old 02-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

WoW beta came out when most guilds were stuck in the shittiest raid zone EQ had ever seen - Uqua. That's when the exodus began.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-09-2016, 11:44 AM
Kobold

If you want Luclin (and later, PoP). If you're worried about EzMode™, try not having mouse-wheel scroll, tab targeting, or even a number readout for your mana. Playing an Enchanter well suddenly became difficult again.

I'd rather have options than to have one server try to do it all. Keep P99 through Velious, for all other needs, see this list.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 02-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather have options than to have one server try to do it all. Keep P99 through Velious, for all other needs, see this list.
Nobody is saying force Luclin on people. You can bring up a Velious beta box for it.

Instance a server with Luclin and char copy over. Assure people it is a real legit server and not a temporary.

I bet the nerds hating on classic Luclin (2002 shits classic) are in the extreme vocal minority. The forums have a lot of autists on them that can't stomach the idea of change, so any anti-Luclin sentiment should be taken with a large grain of salt without a poll. (Hint: poll was already done, Luclin + PoP broke the next highest option by 200-300 votes. Someone else can dig the link again).

The content of Luclin is largely considered the Golden Age of EQ. The design was the largest project SOE had ever undertaken to date, and it showed in the zones and textures.

You shouldn't deny people development on a 2002 expansion on the basis that 30 autists have poor recollections of the content and a biased preconception of what is classic and what isn't. The forum poll taken last year hit the multi-hundred votes for Luclin.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 02-09-2016 at 06:51 PM..
Old 02-09-2016, 06:56 PM
Kobold

EQ before even Kunark was my favorite time but I did enjoy aspects of Luclin and PoP but they aren't classic AT ALL. I also don't think people don't want more xpacs cuz they don't want change, I mean if that was the case people wouldn't have been clamoring for Kunark and then Velious, they just really like the holy trinity and don't like the direction Luclin took EQ in, fantasy world to rocket ships to cats on the moon with literally ALIEN mobs. Not to mention Luclin models and POK, Bazaar, SSRA, etc.
Last edited by Soandso; 02-09-2016 at 06:58 PM..
Old 02-09-2016, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is saying force Luclin on people. You can bring up a Velious beta box for it.

Instance a server with Luclin and char copy over. Assure people it is a real legit server and not a temporary.

I bet the nerds hating on classic Luclin (2002 shits classic) are in the extreme vocal minority. The forums have a lot of autists on them that can't stomach the idea of change, so any anti-Luclin sentiment should be taken with a large grain of salt without a poll. (Hint: poll was already done, Luclin + PoP broke the next highest option by 200-300 votes. Someone else can dig the link again).

The content of Luclin is largely considered the Golden Age of EQ. The design was the largest project SOE had ever undertaken to date, and it showed in the zones and textures.

You shouldn't deny people development on a 2002 expansion on the basis that 30 autists have poor recollections of the content and a biased preconception of what is classic and what isn't. The forum poll taken last year hit the multi-hundred votes for Luclin.
You mean this poll? http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=227173

In that one "progress to Luclin" had 121 votes. "Open a server for 'other options' " had 62. 230 people selected non-Luclin things.

Nobody is denying things on the basis of poor ad hominem attacks. People were there, and they made their own decisions, absent any perceived characteristics you ascribe them.

PS. "largely considered" = weasel words. I personally know of 0 people (except maybe you?) who consider Luclin the "golden age of EQ". YMMV obviously.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Closed Thread