Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now are the guards at the Freeport Caster guild different? I attempted to walk to the caster guild with my agnostic DE in human illusion form. They instantly aggroed on me the moment that I walked the corner.
To double check, I just took my Dark Elf enchanter there myself. Fired up Illusion: Human and walked over to the caster guild. Every npc in there was amiable. If I had to go out on a limb here, I'd say you aren't agnostic, or your illusion wasn't on.

Edit: They are threateningly if I drop my illusion.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Freeport casters are on a faction called arcane scientists or something of the sort.
Worst starting zones proabably Innothule, Feerrott, and TOxxulia. I'm personal not a fan of Butcherblock either
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Freeport casters are on a faction called arcane scientists or something of the sort.
Worst starting zones proabably Innothule, Feerrott, and TOxxulia. I'm personal not a fan of Butcherblock either
I'm going to have to disagree on Innothule. A new player who knows how to play EQ can level pretty quickly especially thanks to the entrance of upper guk.
Lots of froglocks, mushroom men and those froglock guards in front of guk. Usually all uncontested too.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to have to disagree on Innothule. A new player who knows how to play EQ can level pretty quickly especially thanks to the entrance of upper guk.
Lots of froglocks, mushroom men and those froglock guards in front of guk. Usually all uncontested too.
the best imo is probably steamfont for the same reason. not to mention the kobold camps are clutch. and the mino camp north of lfay zl is a good alternative to sisters
Quote:
Dance puppets dance.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:57 PM
Aviak

feerrott actually isn't half bad imo, the Lizard meat quest is easy Money at low lvls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2016, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
feerrott actually isn't half bad imo, the Lizard meat quest is easy Money at low lvls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fog/line of sight in feerrott is horrible. I've even got turned around and i'm fairly familiar with the zone. Especially when it rains you cant see 15 feet in front of you. Just a wall of darkish yellow/green, Plus rain. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fog/line of sight in feerrott is horrible. I've even got turned around and i'm fairly familiar with the zone. Especially when it rains you cant see 15 feet in front of you. Just a wall of darkish yellow/green, Plus rain. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm not sure why but porting into druid rings always fucks up my sense of direction.
Quote:
Dance puppets dance.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Innothule is a great zone to level!

You often get high levels running into guk throwing you buffs too (or you did last time I started on this server, not sure how long ago that was now).
Old 02-10-2016, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Feerrott is excellent! It's easy to get lost, and that's a good thing. Really good ambiance too. Of course when they put that stupid map in, that really screwed up the fun of those zones like that.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Took my Ogre Shammy from 5 to 8 on those guards. Easy peasy.