Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilesid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a huge difference between boxing software, and automation. So you tab between screens to perform actions on each character?
alt tab with this client often causes the "alt" bug.

so they allow software that allows you to set up virtual desktops so you can instantly switch to each window and perform actions on your own. no actions in game are automated only the process of switching to the window you want.

or hotkeynet is used to rename the window and you can script a macro to switch to that window by name with single key press.

http://www.takproject.net/forums/ind...ynet-101.4369/

is a example of that.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
alt tab with this client often causes the "alt" bug.

so they allow software that allows you to set up virtual desktops so you can instantly switch to each window and perform actions on your own. no actions in game are automated only the process of switching to the window you want.

or hotkeynet is used to rename the window and you can script a macro to switch to that window by name with single key press.

http://www.takproject.net/forums/ind...ynet-101.4369/

is a example of that.
So something like ISBoxer, where I have a Hotkey that I press while playing my Tank, that My healer casts "heal", is not okay? I am physically pressing the button for my healer to cast, so not automation. The only thing this takes out of the equation is a clunky window switch. This is not allowed? Is it possible?
Old 02-12-2016, 12:25 PM
Large Bat

From my understanding of the server rules your example would not be okay. You would need to switch to the screen and then heal.
Last edited by ghakim; 02-12-2016 at 12:33 PM..
Old 02-12-2016, 07:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilesid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So something like ISBoxer, where I have a Hotkey that I press while playing my Tank, that My healer casts "heal", is not okay? I am physically pressing the button for my healer to cast, so not automation. The only thing this takes out of the equation is a clunky window switch. This is not allowed? Is it possible?
Not allowed, not even sure the client will work with ISboxer
Old 02-14-2016, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

yeah this is a mac client from 2002, hard to get any third party software to work for it.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:55 AM
Kobold

This whole split situation with P2002 and TAKP makes me sad. It reminds me of PEQ:TGC. When Titan split off, the community never recovered those numbers. Titan hasn't really grown much, and now both servers are left impoverished.
Open Source is great, but these two situations really exemplify the downsides of it.

When I first started looking into the EQMacEmu scene, I thought they were the same server, and started on P2002. Thank goodness, at that time the client was extremely buggy for me and I could barely get it to run in the right resolution- I stopped trying. Recently, I came back to check things out and found that TAKP is actually the original, with more dedication to getting it right than rushing for more content.
I now have a lvl 15 trio (Mnk/Shm/Dru) on TAKP. The clumsiness of F9, combined with no tab-targeting, really makes boxing a fun challenge.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 03-08-2016, 07:58 PM
VIP / Contributor

Bazaar* is opening alongside the Nexus tomorrow. It's gonna rock.
Raid window and various fixes to code are going in as well.
Alliance chat channel is going to be restored to its former state. Global OOC and auction going off. Chat channels are being stress tested over the next few days to replace them.

Now would be a good time to start; tons of cheap gear going in the bazaar in addition to the normal new player handouts.

*horses and mage pet merchants not included.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 03-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Former Guide

This is not the external RNF forum for other emu servers. Please keep this in mind in the future, thanks.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:47 PM
Large Bat

This server is so awesome. It's really a great community and the gameplay is so much like the way Al'Kabor was. With Bazaar and Nexus opened, lot of places to go, I couldn't ask for more.

The Developers there are outstanding with code fixes as well as database / quest fixes every 2 weeks.. I noticed the Developers are from PEQ / P1999 namely Cavedude and Haynar, a long time veterans of the eqemu community. If you haven't checked out http://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php

Now it's the time to try.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:32 AM
Developer

For those that want to see what is going on over at takp. We have very active code and content development happening.

Here are the notes from the patch last week:

Patch 3/09/2016

*** Patch Highlights ***

Raid Windows has been implemented, Bazaar and Nexus is now open.
*NOTE* Pok books and Stone has been disabled to zones that has Nexus Spires.
/ooc and /auction is being disabled to stress test Universal Chat Server.
See notes at bottom for Raid Information

Code:
Cavedude
* Moved Nexus portal functionality from lua to server code. This has proven to be faster and more reliable.
* The NPCIDs of the various Nexus NPCs (A_Mystic_Voice, The_Norrath_Spires, the Scions, etc.) are all hardcoded in the code, so that we can access them to cast spells or send signals. They cannot be changed in the DB, or the system will break!
* Rule Zone:EnableNexusPortals can be used to disable the Nexus portals (defaults to true.)
* Zones that use the Nexus portal system will not idle when empty when the rule is enabled.
* Player corpses will now retain any illusion the player had on them at the time of death.
* Implemented raid XP.
* Updated special bind area rules to use coords found in the client. Thanks demonstar55 for the decompile!
* Implemented lua methods eq.pause_timer("timername") and eq.resume_timer("timername"). This allows developers to pause and resume the given timer on the current NPC.
* Fixed an issue with clicky items using the wrong level for their formulas.
* Fixed an issue where some skills could incorrectly appear on a trainer's list.
* Shadowknight and Paladin epics will now do bash damage.
*** Bazaar Trader rewrite:
~~ Rewrote much of the trader code to work more efficiently and clear up some minor bugs I found.
~~ Moved all functionality from encode/decode to native code.
~~ Fixed a few structs that were a bit off.
~~ Traders will now receive a message in their window when a player browses their wares. (Thanks Haynar for figuring out the struct!)
~~ The buyer's client will now correctly update when a seller changes the price or adds an item.
~~ Added a new rule AlKabor:AllowPriceIncWhileBrowsing. When false, a trader cannot increase the price of an item while another player is browsing their wares. (Defaults to true.)
~~ Updated the bazaar.map. PVP will now work in the arena area (DB change also made for this fix.)
~~ Removed bazaar.path as it is meant for the newer version of the zone.
~~ Bazaar traders can now be used by multiple players simultaneously.
~~ Trader mode will now end if the trader goes LD.
Haynar
* Added support for raids. (see bottom of this note for functionality)
* Using guildmotd by itself will return the current guild motd.
* The guild motd will only be sent when intially logging in, not every time you zone.
* Fixed an issue where players will move slightly on logging in, when their x or y coordinates are negative.
* Changed how zoneinpacket_timer is handled. Changes are to prevent skipping spawn packets, between sending of bulk spawns and completion of client connecting process. This will help ensure spawn packets are all sent, before mob position updates start.
* Fixed a minor pathing issue, used for culling end of route, when target moves closer. The end node to be culled, was not being trimmed correctly.
* Fixed an issue where moving mobs would pause and warp forward.
* Improved some of the mob movement code by removing some redundanct code pieces and sending through a common function.
* Reduced the bulk packets sent when zoning in for npc movements.
Robregen/Speedz
* removed an extra safe_delete that was crashing queryserv

Database:
Robregen
* removed charges from summoned: wisp stone
* reduced the max hit on wraithbone champion in Dreadland.
* add Sarnak Courier to another spawngroup so to give better chance to spawn.
* reduced the spawntimer to the standard 6 minutes to the area near the ruins where Sarnak Courier and its PH spawns.
* Shovel of Ponz should be clickable (reclaim energy) from inventory by any classes.

Script:
Robregen
* fixed the faction requirement for Shaman Epic for those are doing in order.
Hakarri
* Furtog Ogrebane: Fixed Faction Rewards for Ogre War Maul, Randomized Coin Reward
* Garuc Anehm: Fix message trigger
* Added missing dialogs for the following NPC: Brohan Ironforge, Belyea K'Jartan, Dren Ironforge, Haggle Baron Klok, Hurrieta Ironforge, Lanhern Firepride, * Ratraz, Svenia Ironforge, Ton Firepride, Suuspa Clanim, Joffrey Clay, Crow, Shenro Kazpur
* Mare X'Lottl: Added missing turn in quest
* Guard Weleth / Lieutenant Dagarok / Nesiff Tallaherd: Reduced XP Reward for Crate Quest because it was too high. Additionally, the Quest now requires at least indifferent faction
* Chesgard Sydwen: Lowered XP Reward for Bandit Sash Quest
* Gharin: Reduced XP Gain from turn in
* Hanns Krieghor: Added correct turnin message for Stanos Head and correct Faction Rewards
* Added missing dialog regarding donation quest for the following NPCs: Largon Welsh, Danaria Hollin, Solani Dayadil, Gahna Salbeen, Moran Smith, Bassanio Weekin, Barthal, Rabley Trumend, Ton Firepride, Iala Lenard, Cassius Messus, Bait Masterson, Gerault Takenmaul, Rodgar the Tall
* Lashun Novashine: Added missing dialogs, Fixed spell being cast when turning in gold, Fixed spell being cast when turning in bone chips, Now requires at least 2 bone chips to complete
* Serna Tasknon: Fixed Faction Reward for Shark Powder Quest
* Tonmerk Plorsin: Added missing Dialogs, Added faction check to start shark powder quest, and Fixed Faction Rewards for shark powder quest
* Chesgard Sydwen: Added missing dialogs and Added missing faction checks for blanket quest
* Daedet Losaren: Added missing dialogs, Added missing faction checks for specific trigger messages, and Added Cash Reward for Beetle Eye Chest Quest
* Priestress Caulria: Fixed Faction Rewards for Rabid Grizzlies and Fleshy Orbs Quest
* Lempeck Hargrin: Added alternate quest ending for turning in a bad Prime Healer Potion and Added missing dialogs
* Astaed Wemor: Added missing faction checks for trigger messages, Added missing dialog, and Added possibility to return a bad cure for Lempeck Hargrin
* Whysia Flock: Added Quest and Dialog for "Recharging" the Shining Star of Life
* Cassius Messus: Added missing faction check for starting Lisera Lute Quest and Added missing dialog
* Flynn Merrington & Moodoro Finharn: Added missing dialog trigger
* Anson McBale: Adjusted Faction Check to spawn Stanos and Made sure Stanos is a unique spawn upon handing in the pouch
* Lomarc: Added missing Quest Package from Lomarc
* Renux Herkanor: Added missing Quest Package from Lomarc and Added missing message triggers
* Den Magason: Added missing Quest Ghil's Package and Fixed Faction rewards for Package for Den turn in
* Ghil Starn: Added missing Quest Ghil's Package and Added faction checks for starting Package of Dan Quest
* Raz The Rat Misk: Added faction checks for turnin Quests
* Phin Esrinap: Fixed message dialogs regarding Konem and Fixed Faction Reward for Note from Konem
* Konem Matse: Fixed faction rewards for Phin's Message and Added Dialog
* Seta Bakindo: Added faction check for starting Tomer Quest

Quote:
** Raids ** source from http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3194

The Raid functionality has been added. Here is a brief overview of the Raid system.

In the past, experience on raids would generally go to a single group or a few groups. The group doing the most damage would get the experience on any given kill. But, that has been changed by a new Raid feature.

The Raid system is intended to aid in the formation and organizing raids and make looting on raids a little more manageable. It allows a certain amount of experience to be shared among all members of a raid. The basics of the system work very much like grouping has always worked. The Raid Leader is the leader of all the raid groups and the group leaders remain leaders of their individual groups.

Alt-R or /raidwindow will toggle the new Raid Window. This window works much like the group window. You can invite people to the raid (if you are the raid leader) and see a list of the folks in your raid, along with the status of those members (Raid Leader, Group Leader or raid member - which shows with no rank). It also shows you the group number of the individual members.

Only Raid Leaders and Raid Group Leaders can invite people to a raid. This is done with the Invite button on the raid window.

If a Raid Leader invites an individual (someone not in a group), that person joins the raid as a Raid Group Leader. If the Raid Leader invites a member of a group, the entire group joins the raid, and their group leader becomes a Raid Group Leader.

A Raid Group Leader can invite people to their group, thus inviting them to join the raid group as well.

Only a Raid Leader can remove someone from the raid. He or she does so simply by clicking on the character's name in the raid window and clicking the Disband button (also in the raid window).

Being removed from your group (using the normal grouping features) will not remove you from the raid.

You can remove yourself from the raid just by clicking the Disband button in the raid window.

Just like groups, raids have their own chat channel. /rsay works for the raid just as /gsay does for groups. Just like group chat, you can set this to be your default channel for a given chat window by choosing it from the right-click Default Channel context menu.

Experience for killing NPCs will be distributed to all members of the raid that are within range. However, the experience given will be smaller than the experience that would be earned by a single group. Generally, unless you are fighting NPCs that require a raid, you will still be better off earning experience with the old fashioned six-person group.

Raids will definitely allow for larger than traditional groups, however, much of EverQuest is designed with the six-person group in mind. Adding a small number of people to a given group will allow this "oversized" group to gain experience. However, we recommend that once a "raid" of ten or more people forms, a second, traditional group split off and adventure on their own.

The Raid Leader determines the looting permissions for any NPC killed by the raid. There are three types of looting that the leader can choose from (though the Raid Leader can always loot NPCs killed by the raid).

1. Only the raid leader can loot until the corpse opens up for all
2. Only the raid leader and raid group leaders can loot until the corpse opens up
3. Raid leader chooses up to 9 other raid members that can loot until the corpse opens up

Please note that altering loot permissions only applies to NPCs that are killed after changing this setting. See the command list below for more information about setting raid loot permissions.

When an item is looted by a raid member, a loot message is sent to all members of the raid.

Summary of Raid Commands:

- /raidwindow - toggles the raid window
- /makeraidleader [name]- reassigns raid leadership - Optional argument, name of raid member to be new leader, or you can just target them. If you type a person's name, that name is used instead of your current raid window target.
- /raidinvite - invites the current target to the raid
- /raidaccept - accepts an invitation to a raid
- /raiddecline - declines an invitation to a raid.
- /raidremove - removed the current raid target from the raid
- /setloottype <#> - sets the raid loot type - Takes one number argument: 1, 2, 3.
- /addraidlooter - adds a raid member as an early looter to all future corpses - Target a raid member in raid window.
- /removeraidlooter - removes a raid member as a possible looter from all future corpses - Target a raid member in raid window.
- /rsay - Sends a message to all members of the raid