Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Based on the fact that p99 is going on 6 years now with 4-5 Spent in kunark, I think you'll still be seeing numbers here for another while yet in Velious. I will admit progression is cool but realistically let's say you plan to play for the next 2 years on a server: I think both would provide quality yet different experiences with sufficient population throughout.
I think the reason people stuck around through the longest Kunark timeframe ever was because there WAS Velious coming sometime. You had something to look forward to. Velious will not sustain the same amount of time, no way.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the reason people stuck around through the longest Kunark timeframe ever was because there WAS Velious coming sometime. You had something to look forward to. Velious will not sustain the same amount of time, no way.
So places like Mistmoore shouldn't be packed with groups this time of day? Maybe I can jump in and solo the graveyard right now... haha yeah right [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But no.
And peaks like 1400 now? And not multi-boxed like other emu servers. Most are in original zones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kunark was the beginning of the end!

Seriously though, I'd love a vanilla EQ Proj!
I like Kunark, better than Velious actually, but I do agree and have mentioned it before, a retro server with just the old-world would be damn nice. I like retro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Would have been nice if Kunark hadn't been a vertical progression but a horizontal one. Much easier to develop vertical progression though.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would be really nice if at some point the management here would reach out to the player community here and ask us our opinion on the future of P1999.

Just because Luclin had a lot of problems -- awful new character models -- doesn't mean that any future EQ expansions should not be considered.

I personally believe the spirit of classic EQ can be preserved with future expansions but with a piecemeal approach. Take the good parts of an expansion and leave out the bad parts.

At some point P1999 needs to convene a summit that includes representatives from playerbase and decide the future.

Thanks for listening. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're just gonna have to accept the fact that there is an end to all of this. If you keep going, you're just turning it into a modern day MMO with new, unwated nostalgia-killing content flowing in to give the illusion of "progression".
Old 02-28-2016, 07:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

How about perma-death for old characters, at random, just like real life. That should clear up some end-game content. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2016, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikafu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about perma-death for old characters, at random, just like real life. That should clear up some end-game content. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p99 has that. It's called "banned" haha. So other players claim "random" anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2016, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So places like Mistmoore shouldn't be packed with groups this time of day? Maybe I can jump in and solo the graveyard right now... haha yeah right [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But no.
And peaks like 1400 now? And not multi-boxed like other emu servers. Most are in original zones.

I like Kunark, better than Velious actually, but I do agree and have mentioned it before, a retro server with just the old-world would be damn nice. I like retro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Would have been nice if Kunark hadn't been a vertical progression but a horizontal one. Much easier to develop vertical progression though.
... I'm not sure if literate? I said that Velious population won't last as long as Kunark. Your Mistmoore reference makes almost no sense to what I said. MM stays busy due to exp rate and ZEM, simple as that.

Again, it has 1400 population, which is awesome! But, as I said, it won't last as long as Kunark. Let me see if there's 1400 population while people are still grinding on Kael mobs with no hope for anything more in 3-4 years.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:24 PM
Kobold

I feel like adding AA's would be good. Just AA's. Nothing else. The framework for them was in by the end of Velious anyway, let's just fudge the timeline a bit. Would def extend P99.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... I'm not sure if literate? I said that Velious population won't last as long as Kunark. Your Mistmoore reference makes almost no sense to what I said. MM stays busy due to exp rate and ZEM, simple as that.

Again, it has 1400 population, which is awesome! But, as I said, it won't last as long as Kunark. Let me see if there's 1400 population while people are still grinding on Kael mobs with no hope for anything more in 3-4 years.
Deductive reasoning, or top-down logic. Velious is irrelevant since most of the playerbase is in the old world, or a greater proportion anyway, still "lasting". As far as the general overall health of the server population is concerned anyway. There are still a lot of people in Kunark as well (as well as Vel and old world), hasn't died, years after release here. But that is the beauty of an openworld mmo, you just go to where you want to play, not forced into the next expansion or vertical progression zone, not as much here anyway.

But sure, for the hard core progressionist that gets board easy unless the next expansion is right around the corner, it may be curtains for them as the Velious novelty wears off to their liking. But that isn't what this server was crafted for, but for those that just like the pre-luclin gameplay, which this is the only server of it's kind more or less. Why do they all need to be progression into and thru luclin? Can't we just be left alone to our last scrap of insanity remaining?
Last edited by Daywolf; 02-28-2016 at 10:04 PM..
Old 02-28-2016, 10:32 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

http://goanimate.com/videos/0iom2AYR3aIE
Old 02-29-2016, 02:33 PM
Aviak

i agree with others, i don't know why this game needs to keep expanding. do old school RPGs need expansions? different people will cycle through every couple of years as they get that itch and come back with friends to do a 1-60 run. it's not different than people going back and replaying old favorites every so often, like FFVII or whatever.

the server will grow and shrink at various times, but Project 1999 provides a fun, compelling experience and the closest thing to classic that exists (and likely will ever exist, unless EQClassic ever gets finished, through some miracle). people will come back when they get nostalgic and then leave once they are sated. this will repeat again and again until the devs have to pull the plug for whatever reason.
Closed Thread