Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 01:12 PM
Kobold

I still need to add my quad guides for Othmir, Tigerraptors and Bulthars but it may be a day or two

Saum
Druid of Tunare
The Quad Kiting Kid
Old 03-02-2016, 03:24 PM
Kobold

Damn, I didn't even consider the tar goos. Smart thinking there.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:27 PM
Kobold

Othmirs
Level Range 57-60
Zone – The Cobalt Scar
LOC’s - Beach part of the zone
% of times it will be camped = 10%
Benefits: Cash, Pelts, Crusty Armor
Drawbacks: Shaman buff the Warriors, Chief summons

The quadable mob that will take you all the way to 60 are Othmir’s. In particular Othmir Warriors!

The key here is that you really do not want to just jump the gun on this quad. Wait till you are 57. You will have a lot easier time pulling the mobs.

Before we begin here are a few notes for you regarding all 3 camps. First you must remember that the shamans in each camp have been buffing the Warriors so you should expect them to be Hasted and SoW’ed. If a pull goes badly or you manage to get a shaman your best bet is to run out over the water and gate out. “DO NOT BIND IN ZONE”. Lastly you will want to run your quad up top where the Wyvern are, So your CoV Faction is going to matter if you choose to do this kite. When i pull them up I use Lev and just run straight up the cliff. Its quicker than running to the ramp.

There are 3 camps on the beach to focus your attention on. My Preferred Camp is Camp 2 but camps 1 and 3 are easy to pull as well.

Map of the camps
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Camp 1
Camp 1 is fairly easy to pull and probably where you should start getting your feet wet with Othmir. The Harmony targets are the 2 named and the group of Shaman. I prefer to do my harmony casting from the beach side of the camp here.

Camp 2 is my favorite camp. The mobs you will want to harmony are the chief and the shamans. I prefer to start my Harmony’s with the chief first. The shaman will all get hit with 1 harmony. On this camp I prefer to use Lev and be on the beach side for my harmony casting

Camp 3
The final camp is closest to the ramp up, but my least favorite. This is mostly because in order to feel safe you really should cast 3 harmonies here. The 2 names are in different huts and for some reason do not consistently get hit with the Harmony on the shaman. Some people prefer this camp due to its closeness to the ramp. But honestly since I use lev and run up the cliffs it really doesn’t help that much.

Our Victim

The Warriors can drop Othmir Fur "25 plat per", Velious Class gems, Crustacean Shell Armor "3k a set !" That has always made me wonder why more folks do not hunt these. The only real down side is if you ever want to do the Othmir Prrexus Totem Quest or Lodi Shell Shield Quest. You will have some faction work to do on Walruses in EW.
Last edited by Griffy; 03-04-2016 at 07:37 PM..
Old 03-04-2016, 07:50 PM
Kobold

Snow Cougars, Dervishes, Dire Wolves
Level Range
34-39 Snow Cougars
37-40 Dervishes
38-41 Wolves
Zone – Ice Clad
LOC’s Gnoll Island and Dragon Portal Island
Benefits: almost none, occasional Cougar Claw Earring
Drawbacks: constant bickering from players hunting Lodi

Kind of a mixed Write up for these mobs since they are so closely associated
Snow Cougars are a relatively easy camp. You will want to set up on the beach around the Gnoll camp just south of Tower of Frozen Shadow. This is a straight forward quad kite. Just grab four cougars from around ToFS and drag them to the beach area. Keep an eye out for the Shadow Guardians that path by the tower and you will be fine. While there isn’t a ton of loot to be had here you need to keep your eyes open for cougar claw earrings. They sell very well ! Also keep your eyes peeled for Midnight. He is a named cougar. He is a little harder than standard cougars but once your 35-36 or so you shouldn’t have any trouble, just treating him like a normal mob. He can drop one of the two items you need for the Garou Bone Club quest. Any Cougar has a chance to respawn as him.

Once the Cougars begin to green out it is time to move over to the next Ice clad mobs, Dire Wolves & Snow Dervishes”
Some folks like to do the Snow Dervish but honestly I found that by the time you are ready to do them the wolves are also quadable and better xp. For wolves you will want to set up on the beach or by the Bridge. They are social and it not a bad idea to have your harmony up for giants and other pathers. Grab four and either kite them down by the waters edge or at the flat area by the bridge. No real loot to speak of but they are decent xp.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Kobold

Tigeraptors
Level Range 44-45
Zone – The Wakening Lands
LOC’s North of Skyshrine entrance
% of times it will be camped - 0%
Benefits: Tigeraptor Hides and Yew Leaves
Drawbacks: Mobs move fast and hides do not sell well
This is one of the two quads I am listing simply for Completeness. Honestly if you are at 44 or 45 you would be much better served doing the panthers in the same zone. But in case you have a ranger alt or just really bored here you go.

Just north of the Skyshrine entrance you will find a static spawn of Tigeraptors. Occasionally you may see a Tigesaurous but you can treat him as a regular Raptor. These guys move like greased lightning. As always you will want to use the zone wall as your kite area. You will also want to be sure to run COMPLTELY out of cast range to begin casting your AoE. Besides there speed they are not very hard.
As for drops you will come across the occasional hide used for crafting Ranger armor “they don’t sell very well”. You can also forage yew leaves while kiting and medding between kites that sell well.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Kobold

Bulthar
Level Range 58-60
Zone – Cobalt Scar
LOC’s On the beach below the Skyshrine entrance
Benefits: almost none, occasional Velious gems
Drawbacks: Extremely Beefy mobs and have to work around the Herdleader
This is the Second quad I’ve decided to add for the sake of completeness but to be honest this is a horrible option.
The regular Bulthar’s have just under 10K hp and the drop rate on gems is horrid. In addition to this if the herdleader spawns he will rock your world. He summons. But if your looking to test your med kite skills you might want to try this camp just for giggles. The bulthar’s themselves are resistant to fire and ice line of spells but out AoE land fairly well. Its just not mana efficient.

Here is a Bulthar Quad underway

And the finished quad to prove it can be done
Old 03-04-2016, 08:11 PM
Kobold

Well I believe that's it folks. I could add guides for

Quading Wolves and Giants in The Great Divide
Haunted Sea Chests in Cobalt scar.

but honestly doesnt seem much of a point. the dogs and giants are straight forward & there are only 3 chests "one of which is almost always being taken but a root rott'er on the beach" /shrug

Fell free to tell me if I missed anything and Let me know if you liked the write ups or have any questions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please forgive my typos on these write ups [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh and a big Thanks to Pep who has been adding this to the Wiki !!!!
Saum
Druid of Tunare
The Quad Kiting Kid
Last edited by Griffy; 03-04-2016 at 08:34 PM..
Old 03-08-2016, 06:54 AM
Kobold

I had fun quadding the frost giant scouts in IC at 38 using an invis pull to hunt them out (similar to your WL guide). Have to watch out for a dire wolf stalker as it does see invis. No heads or toes to speak of but was getting 7-8% xp per quad and faction, and the occasional velium weap.
Old 03-14-2016, 03:08 PM
Kobold

Good call Narc. If i ever get time to log in, i might add that one to the guide.

BTW Pep has got most of the guide on the wiki now, I've been editing the typos and clarifying it there since i can't edit here.

here is the link
http://wiki.project1999.com/Saum%27s...Kiting_Velious

Saum
Druid of Tunare
The Quad Kiting Kid
Closed Thread