Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 11:48 PM
Large Rat

Default A 3rd account?

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I just started here on Blue and we have an exemption for the two of us to play together. Can I make a 3rd account to play on while we are not playing together or does that account have to have an exemption also? I want to make sure I'm playing by the rules. Thank you for your time.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:25 AM
Aviak

you only need the exemption if the accounts are active simultaneously using the same IP address.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:25 AM
Aviak

Yes you must have an exemption for the third account (if playing at the same time) but I wouldn't create a third account. If you must play something else, create a complementary character on the same account as yours and use that for buffs or something while she is away.
Last edited by Smurn; 03-05-2016 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: a more wholesome answer
Old 03-05-2016, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes you must have an exemption for the third account (if playing at the same time) but I wouldn't create a third account. If you must play something else, create a complementary character on the same account as yours and use that for buffs or something while she is away.
ignore this, make 3rd account in case you eventually want it to have another toon to paly with wife, or have a friend play it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:39 AM
Fire Giant

Never make another character you plan on playing on the same account, ever. Simply zero reason to do so other then restricting yourself in the future.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by syztem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never make another character you plan on playing on the same account, ever. Simply zero reason to do so other then restricting yourself in the future.
This. Then again having around 18 accounts is rather excessive. Trust me i know.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Just imagine if Rog&bog got $10/month for every account.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you must play something else, create a complementary character on the same account as yours and use that for buffs or something while she is away.
You suggesting logging both accounts in at the same time with only one person, and using one of them as a buff bot? That's not at all very hard to spot, yet while so very easy to report. This could result in many many delicious tears hehe.

Really, don't ever 2-box, not even for buffs, not even with an exemption. A lot of people here have put in lots of time into servers like PEQ grand creation where boxing is legal, and such players can spot boxers in less than a minute, 100% accuracy. Well maybe a little longer for a buff bot, but still becomes very obvious, even if you spoof a convo between the two in chat hehe.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just imagine if Rog&bog got $10/month for every account.
Then you would see everyone putting 8 toons on a account.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You suggesting logging both accounts in at the same time with only one person, and using one of them as a buff bot? That's not at all very hard to spot, yet while so very easy to report. This could result in many many delicious tears hehe.

Really, don't ever 2-box, not even for buffs, not even with an exemption. A lot of people here have put in lots of time into servers like PEQ grand creation where boxing is legal, and such players can spot boxers in less than a minute, 100% accuracy. Well maybe a little longer for a buff bot, but still becomes very obvious, even if you spoof a convo between the two in chat hehe.
No, I'm suggesting we both have our own accounts, I have a second account to play while we are not playing together and if I decide at a later time I would like to play the other character with her I could change my exemption to either include that character or exclude another for it. I will never two box because putting that much time into a character and losing it would be senseless. I just want to make sure I'm abiding by the rules. I don't need to know what the line is and how close I can go, but rather what can I do and can't I do black and white.
Closed Thread