Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 12:33 PM
Orc

Default Enchanter CHA for corpse run?

Forgive the newbie question as I've never played a chanter but I'm very curious. Could someone explain the need for high CHA on a chanter for corpse runs?

Thanks and sorry again. Can't seem to find it on the forums anywhere.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

To reduce lull critical failures. If your corpse is in the bottom of some dungeon and invis or IvU don't get you there safely because of see invis mobs... You have to Lull the mobs to walk by them safely.

With low CHA you are more likely to have the mob aggro you when the mob resists the spell. This is bad when you're naked.

If your corpse is easily recoverable, this isn't an issue though. Basically that suggestion only applies in Sebilis or Howling Stones.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

What Dald said. If you become good at chantering you will find yourself alone deep in dungeons a lot. And with all preparation you will still die. I die plenty even with a charged WC cap because I get stubborn in certain situations and try to pull through it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

CHA for this is one of the reasons a High Elf can be a good race choice. Because if you are alone deep in dungeons a lot, eventually you will have to recover a corpse deep in a dungeon. And sometimes lulling through is the only option. This happens a lot in Sebilis where most mobs have a chance to see invis. Or places that sport both living and undead creatures.
Last edited by -Catherin-; 03-17-2016 at 01:00 PM..
Old 03-17-2016, 01:02 PM
Orc

Ahh I see now. That makes sense. I think I was thinking along the lines of grouping with my chanter mostly but it sounds like they are good solo'ers too yeah?
Old 03-17-2016, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

You generally won't find a need for having a CHA set in your bank for corpse runs if you are a grouper exclusively. Many people didn't even have one for soloing a lot. They would just self buff with CHA and roll the dice. At least I would because I'm lazy!
Old 03-17-2016, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Same thing with clerics. I remember doing some crazy CR solo at Brogg or Chef in Sebilis when I was soloing. Clerics dont have inviz so I had to lull all mobs all the way down. Being à high elf certainly helped me alot. I still had to root/camp alot and some med breaks too but it was pretty fun. Illis and Krup are pretty rough to calm gearless/no cha buff and sometimes you could need like 5 sucessfull calm without crit resists. I have had like 5-6 more deaths a few times but I always found à way to do it without help.
Fuggernaught Druid 60
Aylar Lie Rogue 60
Extravadance Bard 60
Winajil Shaman 60
Raylei Mule
<Riot>
Last edited by Liia; 03-17-2016 at 02:56 PM..
Old 03-17-2016, 02:55 PM
Orc

So it sounds like it would behoove me to pick a High Elf for my chanter when I create him. Are they still needed for the amazing CC they used to be grouped for? That's what really interests me.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by janton1015 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it sounds like it would behoove me to pick a High Elf for my chanter when I create him. Are they still needed for the amazing CC they used to be grouped for? That's what really interests me.

I dont think the race matter that much for enchanter. I made à gnome enchanter and I can max my charisma easily if I want with buff and gears.You could possibly manage to have more mana/resists as a HE but all races are good imo. Dark elf gets hide which is good. And yes enchanter are the best CC and possibly the best DPS when it comes to solo/group.
Fuggernaught Druid 60
Aylar Lie Rogue 60
Extravadance Bard 60
Winajil Shaman 60
Raylei Mule
<Riot>
Old 03-17-2016, 03:23 PM
Orc

Wow. Now I'm pretty jazzed to roll one! Thanks everyone!
Old 03-17-2016, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Yes to an extent.

Kunark they are godly. In Velious they're still very useful... But their CC role drops off during late Velious / Luclin and picks back up during PoP.

Kael for example all giants are immune to mez. Similarly lots of dragons and drakes are immune to mez in sky shrine and west wastes. In SG and Velks you have some decent CC opportunities though.

So in some zones, like Kael you're relegated to charming for CC or rooting for CC.
Closed Thread