Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 02:54 AM
Kobold

Yea nothing better than 20-30min arena battles waiting for someone to have enough cool downs used up while you have enough in the tank to dps through the absurd heals.

If that's too exciting you can do battlegrounds that culminate in colonial- era musket battles.

I enjoyed it for a while but there's no way in fucking hell I'd ever play that era again considering how horrifically long the battles dragged on for.
Old 04-12-2016, 03:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea nothing better than 20-30min arena battles waiting for someone to have enough cool downs used up while you have enough in the tank to dps through the absurd heals.

If that's too exciting you can do battlegrounds that culminate in colonial- era musket battles.

I enjoyed it for a while but there's no way in fucking hell I'd ever play that era again considering how horrifically long the battles dragged on for.
This sounds more like later WOTLK...it was a long PvP era.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 04-12-2016, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No.

I already sent out the only remaining invitation our server has to Nilbog. No one else allowed after all these Nostalrius shitheads invaded my lag-free, perfectly stable server.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Example, one patch cycle boomkins crit 70k in pvp. The burst existed to counter long fights at various patch cycles. It was very interesting. The most interesting season and complex PvP of all time.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 04-12-2016, 06:58 PM
Banned

Damn, I literally just installed their installer last week and I didn't give it a chance.

I just wanted to relive windfury shamans.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:58 PM
Banned

Damn, I literally just installed their installer last week and I didn't give it a chance.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orotiagito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Apparently they weren't working properly.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had fun leveling up on Nost and experiencing the World of Warcraft for the first time, but I thought the PvP was extremely lame. It was fun for a while in a light-hearted sort of way, but the PvP was way too meaningless and spammy for any enduring appeal. I sometimes wonder if PvP in WoW eventually got better.
Had fun exploring Azeroth with you and Stickypal (Ketchup).

PvP did a lot better from a balance, competition, and meaningfulness standpoint after Vanilla. However, much like comparing Red99 and 2001 Rallos Zek, Nostalrius and 2004 WoW were completely different beasts despite content and mechanical similarities. As with any MMO, it's sort of a "you had to be there" type deal.

Anyhow, WoW PvP in the form of arenas was fantastic from a gameplay standpoint. There were balance hiccups for sure, but the game largely failed as an ESport (2007 to 2009?) because it was far too technical to spectate. That's at least my opinion.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not a hypothetical question.
Haha you guys make bad staffing decisions but at least you've got balls.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:58 PM
Aviak

I've gone back to the www.therebirth.net and it's looks like 700+ people have followed. Yeah all the blah blah about freaky we all know but a new team is at the helm now.
Closed Thread