Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Did you like the ToV racing?
Yea it was fun 51 34.23%
Nope, hated it. 38 25.50%
Meh, don't care, coth or race 60 40.27%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 04:18 PM
Aviak

I feel like racing limits you to Bard/Rogue/Monk and if you don't have access to those classes, you're out of luck.

Anyone could get on a mage and coth which helped out a lot when people needed replacements late at night.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I couldn't find the option for Detoxx being a full blown retard
Old 04-14-2016, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

r u the one that's blown him?
Old 04-14-2016, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like racing limits you to Bard/Rogue/Monk and if you don't have access to those classes, you're out of luck.

Anyone could get on a mage and coth which helped out a lot when people needed replacements late at night.
This server made rogues a primary dragon pulling class. Do I need to go on about why that's fucking retarded?
Old 04-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Aviak

I just find it funny Aftermath is getting their way all as a result of training Europa+every1 else at the zone in of ToV.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

The racing part is definitely fun! A mad dash through mobs that will mostly one-round people is exhilarating.. and definitely leaves room for skill to triumph (definitely some randomness though. The waiting blows as always, with these rules why not shorten windows!
The front door as the starting line blows... door opening / closing all the time and ogre walls... front of the steps is so much better and doesn't get FTErs AOE'd on entrance pulls!
Old 04-14-2016, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue sucks. Blue raiding rules are ludicrous. Blue hardcore raiders are retarded. Get brains, morans.
Lol yup
Old 04-14-2016, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Hooray for more rules, that should make the raid scene more fun.

Right?
Old 04-14-2016, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the end of the day regardless of cothing vs racing, I think the GM's are trying. This at least gives some new guilds a shot at an FTE and gives them some time to set up the pull, get their attempt(s) in.
Too bad most the casual guild officers/leaders that showed to that summit aren't trying worth shit. It sounds like most of them came completely unprepared (besides the divinity leader).

Even if they wanted non-classic solutions that weren't on that table, wtf not at least take the opportunity to articulate what that non-classic idea is. It was mostly a bunch of bullshit vague statements about how fucked up people are for logging on late at night to do dragons...and somehow that needs to end and things need to be.... more fun for Chest?..

I guess I could expect this kind of crap from BDA. The only thing talked about at the meeting that would help casual guilds was the rotation divinity brought up. All these ideas about making rules more draconian...they only seem like good ideas to those who never dealt with this lawyering bullshit.
Hint: the classic wisdom is to be sure criminals get cought, not to make sure the punishment is severe...
Old 04-14-2016, 06:25 PM
Banned

while I'm on a Raid summit rant,

Sirken -- who usually like -- gave the absolute shittiest argument I ever heard for why there is variance on this server. Went something like:

"Well at first there was a lot of variance and everyone agreed it was shit. So we reduced the variance. Things got better, but people continue to bitch about variance in its shorter form. We think its at a good medium."

WTF? Where was the part where anyone but the server staff ever thought variance was anything but shit. Here's an Idea:

Remove Variance

Quake the Servers

Watch as more guilds compete for targets!

To tie back into the original topic. I think footracing will work without variance but wont work with it. All it is doing right now is making things more annoying for Awakened/Aftermath.
Closed Thread