Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 02:07 AM
Planar Protector

You sound like someone who appreciates Fox news.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:13 AM
Aviak

Can we swap to a client where weapon swings drain endurance, so Rile has an actual use?
Old 05-02-2016, 02:14 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you ever stop and listen to the things you say? Cause I'm almost embarrassed for you at this point. Do you think ANYONE on the original EQ dev team thought to themselves "We need to make an item that will allow hardcore neckbeards to jump indefinitely so they can win FTE footraces and show those casual scum who's boss til they go farm VP themselves for 5 years so they can 'earn it'" you're quite literally out of your mind if that's honestly what you think. But we all know that's not really what you think it's just a dumb argument you made to support your dumb position. Let me ask you this. Do you REALLY think the average A/A member puts in significantly more "work" to "earn" their pixels than the average BDA or Europa or Anonymous member? For those that don't know here's a day in the life of the average raider in ANY (not just a/a) raid guild on P99.

1: Carry x y z 'required' consumables that 1/2 the raid doesn't bother to get or keep charged

2: "Park" your character wherever /get or website tells you to for upcoming dragon

3: Log in when you receive a batphone

4: Perform your classes (almost always) extremely easy role

5: Collect DKP/Pixels

6: Go back to step 2 rinse/repeat

This isn't rocket science. Almost all of the "hard" work is carried out by a super small group of people at the top of each guild. I put "hard" in quotes cause I'm not really sure you can call staring at a screen waiting for a mob to pop for 16 hrs or spam clicking a crown of rile to run to a mob faster "hard" but I'll let that slide. The vast majority of every raider on this server just logs in and hits their ch macro or backstab button for a while then logs off. You're not better than me cause the core neckbeard group in your guild neckbearded harder than the core neckbeard group in my guild. You didn't "earn" something that I didn't because when you get a batphone and log in to do exactly what everyone else does your guild tag happens to be Aftermath. You also didn't "earn" the right to have a significant advantage in all Velious footraces cause you belong to one of 2 guilds that had a monopoly on Veeshan's Peak for 5 years.

Get real
All I read is more whining in this long drawn out post. This is the mentality of BDA to a tee. Claim something isn't being used as intended. Try to point out how easy things are to do even if they take time and work to do. Yet they aren't willing to do them (Literally it's a small time commitment if you aren't tracking). Then claim they don't want to compete that way because somehow it isn't fair. Yet according to you. You just laid out how easy it is.

BTW everyone feels sorry for you when you post. Not the other way around here. We all pray you stop. You are the only guy in RNF who has actually been shitty to people in game and then you come to RNF trying to play some kind of white knight card. It's amazing really.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:15 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound like someone who appreciates Fox news.
I don't appreciate personal attacks...
Old 05-02-2016, 02:22 AM
Banned

Cecily is condescendant towards hardcore raiders after being one for years, even jumping ship for pixels.

the amount of time you spend posting here would probably get you decent DKP would you spend it playing in either top guilds fyi.

just shut up and app you doink, i'll vouch for your ass, slydexx said it's ok too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-02-2016, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

I don't disagree with you that the Crown of Rile is a nice thing to have. I disagree with your argument that it in any way resembles progression or is otherwise necessary to compete. The Crown was a status symbol. It meant you beat Kunark. The game has moved on. If you can abuse it to gain an advantage on people without one, go for it. Nothing more classic than that. But this type of min max escalation is more a product of our fucked up raid scene unique to P99. I don't see spamming an invis breaker to make a guaranteed train otw to securing a FTE being very classic, but maybe that's me being dense.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

blue is for maggots, and jcr4990 is the king of the maggots - a crown for a king
Old 05-02-2016, 02:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Claim something isn't being used as intended.
This is a fact. Crown of Rile was not intended by original EQ devs to be used to win FTE footraces. This is not disputable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try to point out how easy things are to do even if they take time and work to do.
Taking an excessive/unreasonable amount of time to do something doesn't make it hard. Also not disputable.

Quote:
Yet they aren't willing to do them
Mostly cause we don't have people willing to stare at empty rooms with bind sight for 16 hours. It's not hard its just incredibly dumb and unfun. Pretty much everyone agrees with this.

Quote:
Then claim they don't want to compete that way because somehow it isn't fair.
I can't speak for others but I don't believe I ever said I didn't want to compete the way A/A competes because it wasn't fair. I simply don't want to do it because it's purely and simply not fun. The levels of fuckery required to participate in top tier raiding perpetuated by A/A and Rampage/Forsaken before them and IB/TMO before them is ludicrous.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:44 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't disagree with you that the Crown of Rile is a nice thing to have. I disagree with your argument that it in any way resembles progression or is otherwise necessary to compete. The Crown was a status symbol. It meant you beat Kunark. The game has moved on. If you can abuse it to gain an advantage on people without one, go for it. Nothing more classic than that. But this type of min max escalation is more a product of our fucked up raid scene unique to P99. I don't see spamming an invis breaker to make a guaranteed train otw to securing a FTE being very classic, but maybe that's me being dense.
I can see where you are coming from. However, I will point out that no matter what you use trains will result from these races. Each zone has see invis mobs and KoS mobs that are unavoidable on the paths of these races. I do disagree that a Crown of Rile is only a status symbol. It is a pretty powerful item that has a LOT of uses in classic everquest. We just have different opinions about this I guess.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godefroi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cecily is condescendant towards hardcore raiders after being one for years, even jumping ship for pixels.

the amount of time you spend posting here would probably get you decent DKP would you spend it playing in either top guilds fyi.

just shut up and app you doink, i'll vouch for your ass, slydexx said it's ok too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could call that being a hypocrite. I consider it having a unique perspective on what I consider a seriously dysfunctional raid scene which is absolutely unhealthy to its participants in way that affects their life outside of the game. I'm not trying to be condescending*. I'm trying to save you idiots from yourselves because I'm one of you and want to help.

Also, I jumped ship because FE was driving me insane. I had enough banked dkp to get plenty more pixels. And if joined one of those guilds, I couldn't make fun of both of them. Or even post here. This is more fun than the game.
Closed Thread