Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Banned

forumquest search for "Freeport Vision" and u will c
Old 05-02-2016, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexbis0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please inform me who the Asgardian tracking heroes are compared to those that were putting in the time from Forsaken. Warm bodies that respond to batphones are great and all, but let's not act as if that's the hard part. Nalken, Gimp, Fifield...y'all don't have anyone anywhere near the same stratosphere of those 3.

Guilds fail and succeed on the strength of their trackers (now racers).

Then of course there's this little fun tidbit from your merger:

Guild Leader: Detoxx
Second in Command: Reep

But, yes, I'm sure Forsaken would completely agree that this was a marriage of equals and also call me completely misinformed.
Yeah... I'm not gonna do that.

I will, however, point out that you are dumb.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
forumquest search for "Freeport Vision" and u will c
Oh shit, is this like Dukevision?
Old 05-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when the casual scum are just as capable of killing anything your top teir raid guild it's silly to feel superior.
This is really what it boils down to. Pretty much every raid guild is capable of killing every raid target in the game outside of maybe 2-3 of the hardest ones and that's only cause all guilds not named A/A have been denied a lot of the pixels that make those fights much easier. All the clerics in CSG Anonity and BDA know how to run a CH chain. All the tanks know how to right click mallets and stand in a corner. All the rogues know how to hit backstab and evade. What separates A/A from everyone else really is their willingness to dump an insane amount of man hours into sitting around staring at screens til dragons appear and to a much lesser extent their pull team's ability to execute the pull quicker or know the best route to FTE race with the best clickies (Crown of Rile/Lev ring.etc) Unless your name is ________ (Fill in the blank with your guilds top 2-3 pullers/trackers) then you really have absolutely no leg to stand on when you look down your nose at other guilds like you "earned" something they didn't. Or you're somehow better at the game than they are.

I've been on both sides of the casual/hardcore fence and take it from me. There's not a lot of difference in the caliber of the average player between the hardcore and casual guilds. Want proof? Asgard and Taken members currently make up like 40% or more of the top 2 raid guilds. Let that sink in for a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if i played on blue i would just edit zone files to give me a slightly more efficient run path

yowl gotta think outside the box
Rumor has it a certain AM tracker has a script that watches his screen while bind sight tracking and when it detects a mob spawned it automatically fires a sound through speakers/headset and starts running his character forward. I don't have proof of this but have heard it from more than 1 source. Not quite as elaborate as editing zone files but its def thinkin outside the box and squarely in "Would totally get you banned if ever caught" territory just like editing zone files.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah... I'm not gonna do that.

I will, however, point out that you are dumb.
Well that is compelling evidence sir.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Should be a required file imo.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-02-2016, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rumor has it a certain AM tracker has a script that watches his screen while bind sight tracking and when it detects a mob spawned it automatically fires a sound through speakers/headset and starts running his character forward.
I thought about doing this, as it would be pretty easy. Then I realized I didn't care enough.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

We all get to choose how we spend our 24 hours out of the day - if someone wants to spend theirs tracking mobs, why shouldnt they be more entitled to them? I raided extremely hard core on this server for a couple of years while I was in college, but now have a 9 to 5 and can't / am not willing to show up as much - why should I have the same opportunities to gear and mobs? EQ has never been about skill or being able to kill something, it has always been about time commitment. It takes forever to level, then gear out, then join a guild, etc... a trained chimp could probably figure it out. I personally don't care if someone who wants to spend all their time playing a game gets more mobs than I do, because clearly it is more important to them than it is to me. I have little doubt that BDA, CSG, etc could kill NToV mobs, but as others have pointed out just getting the mob is half the battle. We've got finite resources and a near infinte demand, and I see no reason why the people putting in the most time shouldnt reap the benefits.

I'd have loved to raid more in early velious, but I like having money and a job more. Nothing is stopping any of you from quitting your job, abandoning your families, etc so that you can spend all day attaining pixels - you've just decided those other obligations are more important. Be thankful you have something in your life more important than EQ and let the people whose life situations allow them to play 24/7 enjoy their pixels.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We all get to choose how we spend our 24 hours out of the day - if someone wants to spend theirs tracking mobs, why shouldnt they be more entitled to them? I raided extremely hard core on this server for a couple of years while I was in college, but now have a 9 to 5 and can't / am not willing to show up as much - why should I have the same opportunities to gear and mobs? EQ has never been about skill or being able to kill something, it has always been about time commitment. It takes forever to level, then gear out, then join a guild, etc... a trained chimp could probably figure it out. I personally don't care if someone who wants to spend all their time playing a game gets more mobs than I do, because clearly it is more important to them than it is to me. I have little doubt that BDA, CSG, etc could kill NToV mobs, but as others have pointed out just getting the mob is half the battle. We've got finite resources and a near infinte demand, and I see no reason why the people putting in the most time shouldnt reap the benefits.

I'd have loved to raid more in early velious, but I like having money and a job more. Nothing is stopping any of you from quitting your job, abandoning your families, etc so that you can spend all day attaining pixels - you've just decided those other obligations are more important. Be thankful you have something in your life more important than EQ and let the people whose life situations allow them to play 24/7 enjoy their pixels.
Well said, pal.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally don't care if someone who wants to spend all their time playing a game gets more mobs than I do
Neither do I or any other reasonable person. Nobody is arguing A/A shouldn't get MORE pixels than the rest of us. They put in more time sure whatever they deserve it. What people are arguing for quite reasonably (imo) is a little more balance when it comes to mid-high end Velious targets. I think almost anyone in casual guilds will agree with me that we're totally cool with A/A getting like 60% or even 70% of the "good" Velious targets. Considering there's 5 active raid forces on this server (Counting Anon/Div as 1 and CSG as 1) I think 2 of them getting 70% for the extra work they put in is fairly reasonable. That leaves 35% each for A/A and 30% for BDA/CSG/Anonity to split up. Do the 3 major casual guilds/alliances not "deserve" to get 10% each? Does anyone HONESTLY think its reasonable for 2 guilds to get 90%+?
Closed Thread