Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Undead line of nukes are probably the most mana efficient DDs in the game. Not saying that undead leveling will be faster, but to say that they are inefficient is straight up wrong. You still cool tho
That's true. Thanks for clarifying, I should have worded that more clearly. What I meant to say is what brecon pointed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecon
Pretty sure what Sage means is that, as a Paladin soloing, it's inefficient to waste your mana on undead DDs vs. heals and roots. He's right.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ghoulbane's proc doesn't make up for the terrible ratio, you're dealing way better dps by using a better weapon. Also, stick to classic zones where mobs have less HP and deal less dps than Kunark/Velious mobs.
When i was leveling up on live pre kunark, ghoulbane was an amazing weapon to own, great ratio for classic. i usually proced 1 to 3 times each fight (with low high elf dex), it helped me solo better for sure.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:46 AM
Fire Giant

unrest is a great spot for your level. lots of solo mobs up around the fireplace area. can move to basement when those green out and the hags up in the knight room are a 6m respawn.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When i was leveling up on live pre kunark, ghoulbane was an amazing weapon to own, great ratio for classic. i usually proced 1 to 3 times each fight (with low high elf dex), it helped me solo better for sure.
No doubt Ghoulbane was a viable weapon in classic. Our weapon options were very poor in the era of EQ you are talking about. I remember a Mithril 2-hander was like the most uber tradeable weapon back then. However, there's plenty of affordable weapons introduced in Kunark and Velious that will out-dps Ghoulbane significantly.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...then use your mana to root and lull with no downtime to sit and med. if you have excess mana stun (which mitigates damage).

the only reason to ever DD as a solo paladin xping is if your camp is so few mobs that you have to wait on respawns.
Great points.

Original argument: Vitamin C is important. Potatoes and radishes have more than oranges so you should never eat oranges.

Counter argument: No, oranges actually have 50 mg per serving vs around 25 for potatoes and 17 for radishes.

New argument: Whatever, spinach has more iron than oranges so you should still never eat oranges.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great points.

Original argument: Vitamin C is important. Potatoes and radishes have more than oranges so you should never eat oranges.

Counter argument: No, oranges actually have 50 mg per serving vs around 25 for potatoes and 17 for radishes.

New argument: Whatever, spinach has more iron than oranges so you should still never eat oranges.
I'd just say fuck it and order a pizza then... Not like anyone who's into spinach is going to see much end-game on this server anyways. You should just eat what you enjoy eating!
Old 05-06-2016, 07:28 PM
Aviak

Not to derail the fascinating vegetable and fruit discussion, but I actually just did Hermit in SK between 24-28 when I wasn't grouped in HHK Gobs. 2Min respawn, barely damages you and some fine steel drops.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:33 PM
Aviak

Since it's a bit vague, I`ll keep a list of where I solo while I'm lvling and post it up around 50-ish in case anyone else has the same question.
Closed Thread