Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this classic? just curious.
No it's not:

Boil Blood
DoT for 504 Hit Points (HP) in 21 ticks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes: Shd (L53), Nec (L29)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Range to Target: 200 feet

Skill: Alteration
Allowable Targets: All

Resistance Check: Fire + 25

Mana Required: 150
Spell Duration: 21 ticks (2.1 minutes)
Duration Formula: 1
Casting Time: 4.0 seconds
Spell Recovery: 2.50 seconds

Spell cast on you: Your blood boils.
Spell cast on someone: Soandso's blood boils.
Spell fades: Your blood cools.

Note, it doesn't say "hard to resist, or very hard to resist" above the dot info.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FR
Boiling blood is very annoying because it blocks regen spells so they don't land or refresh. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does this include fungi regen?
Old 02-11-2016, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it basically counters it, 15 up for fungi 15 down for the dot.. its annoying as fuck
Old 02-11-2016, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it does not block regen from items.
Quote:
it blocks regen spells so they don't land or refresh.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Banned

I actually have spent many hours killing LDC's with a shaman and have no memory of a regen being blocked by the proc, but I did hate it cus it basically countered the regen from my buff/gear that results in the slower, regular rate of regen from an ungered unbuffed player.

But maybe something changed, or i just never had an instance where the two spells clashed idk

its super easy to dispell if you keep top slot up but everytime it lands its like

FUCK! *shake fists*
Old 02-11-2016, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

I think it only blocks regen if you try to cast regen while boil blood is on you. I'm not certain that it will remove a regen buff that is already on you when boil blood lands, though. It might, I just haven't done LDC's in a pretty long time.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 02-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it only blocks regen if you try to cast regen while boil blood is on you.
Correct. If your character or another character is under the effect of boil blood it blocks new regen spells on you or another character and refreshing a regen that is already on your or another character.
Tested with regeneration, chloroplast and regrowth

On the subject of the spell Boil Blood's Resist influence...
If what evilkorn posted is classic. Then it means one of two things. Either the wiki is incorrect (good chance for that) OR the server code is incorrect.

This also makes me wonder if Boil Blood blocking these regen spells is classic?

Edit: Boil Blood & Boiling Blood are not technically the same thing. *facepalms @ self*
Last edited by Baler; 02-11-2016 at 09:15 PM..
Old 05-08-2016, 12:46 PM
Kobold

So we just go down the rabbit hole even more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Now I just have even more questions lol. Well, at least people are asking questions about it. Sadly nobody could confirm that it is supposed to actually do what its doing. And resists being well, rather unpredictable we'll say, leads to some interesting things. I just wish we could get a solid answer from a higher-up. It is well documented that it happens, LDC or lvl 32 goblin in Droga lol. - just no proof as to if it should or shouldn't. I know plenty of encounters could end more favorably with 300 mana going towards a torpor and PE for instance, instead of the black void and false hope message. No reports of this happening with other dots, thats good. Hopefully we'll one day get an answer, thanks for link.
Fail 50 Wood Elf Ranger
Alleged 44 Troll Shadowknight
Denyed 35 Dark Elf Wizard
Downfall 32 Half Elf Bard
RED:
50 Enchanter
24 Wiz
24 Dru
19 Rog
Closed Thread