Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 07:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradojeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How was HS entrance at 52? Was it dangerous or could 52 handle it with a reasonable level of caution?

Thanks again!
It all depends on how confident you are with charm breaking. If you rune yourself with peridots, it should be ok. I personally only used Berserk Strength or Bedlam runes all the way to 60.

I had a few deaths, mainly due to East stairs roamer or due to charm breaks after eating some HTs.

It definitely gets much better at 54 when your charms won't break that often, but definitely doable at 52.
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 05-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

I would say at 54 you should start getting familiar with HS. My advice for your first time is go /who all charasis and send a tell to someone there and ask for a CC. If they can, let them tell you if the entrance is clear for you to break in. Most of the time if there is a lot of people in HS, the ent will be cleared and people will be setting up to break into a wing so you should be just fine. If you are playing on an off day and there's only 1-3 people showing up on /who all, be prepared to put on rune, zerker spirit and attempt the break in. Since your going to be breaking in solo, the worst cast scenario is that 2 sepulcher skeletons are up and one of them happens to be next to the East wing when the East pather is on the ledge, thereby aggroing a ton of stuff that will eat the rune fast with the 2 harm touches and other mess. But this has never happened to me..so far. The best case scenario is that you get 2 feasters or a feaster and a bile golem that wont see through your invis.

My advice for the break room if you manage to get in and there is no immediate threat is to prepare a timer on your phone for 20 minutes and 30 seconds. Keep mesmerization (AOE) up and observe the break in mobs and their pathing. when they both are a second from crossing paths Away from the East golems, land the mesmerization aoe, root one, tash the other and charm, and sic your pet.

As soon as one of the break-in mobs die, start the timer so you know how long you have until the break-in mobs will reset. It also pays for courtesy when your camping ent and you want to tell that nice cleric who came in that there's a room pop in 1 minute advising them to move to a safe wing which is clear of golems.

Congratulations, you just broke ent all by yourself! Now if you have 2 skellys at ent, Best thing is to try and avoid their pathing, do the same trick as mentioned and use theft of thought to tap their mana. If its 1 skelly and one living, make the living one your pet so you can readily tap the scowling skeleton to have a safety net of mana available if things get hairy. Try not to charm the bile golems, the charm breaks are faster with their innate high MR. Feasters also don't root well so there is your competition.

Once the room is broken, just aoe mez the golems from the opposite wing near the floor so you can still "see" the target and just split.

Whatever you do, Do Not Lose Your Bearings And Mez the EAST Wing Golems A good rule of thumb is to med break on top of the platform of the golems you just killed. There's nothing like forgetting which platform you killed and having a golem on you when you decided to afk for a second to get a drink or something.

Zone Ent Ettiquite: Don't get upset that people will use one of the golems as a pet to break into a wing. Most of the time, they won't keep that pet the whole wing they are going through and your intended xp golem will reset as usual.

Another tip that is invaluable : in order to pull the west golems safely, you need to get in line of sight. From north to west this is no issue because the agro range of the golems is far back enough that you can stand at the base of the stairs and cast from the opposite wing. However with the West wing, you have 2 options of running up to the golems face to face (not fun) Or getting close to the deadly EAST wing and casting from there. Watch the east pather and see how long he takes to rotate back to the edge of the platform. Time it right so that when he is pathing back through the door, you have 2 minutes of safety to hang near east wing and cast across to West. Don't be afraid, just remember you cant sit there, or you will pull the Sumoning nasty mob which can quad for 160 (ouch)!

At first you wont be killing fast and getting your technique down so within 20 minutes you might have repops waiting for you. But after experience, you can reasonably kill the break in mobs, NORTH, SOUTH, and WEST wings and have 3-4 minutes of downtime to relax until the break-in resets.

There is a fun HS solo guide on the wiki on the guides section as well if you need more help and want a fun read.

Hands down for soloing, HS ent cannot be beat for an enchanter 53-55/56

I would say at lvl 56-57 you can reasonably start to solo North with no problem and good charisma but only do so once you have grouped there and understand the mob placements and spawn timers/rotation.

TLDR - HS is an enchanters playground, have fun!
Last edited by kgallowaypa; 05-11-2016 at 02:09 PM..
Old 05-11-2016, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

I wrote this back when I was exping in HS on Red. I was solo most of the time and probably broke in solo 30+ times. It is tough, but doable.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Enchante...ones_Adventure

Hit me up if you have any questions.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Since I cant edit my post, another small tip to conserve mana is to only use slow, but not shiftless deeds, use tepid deeds. If you see your pet is dominating the target mob, spam the pet to sit. Sitting pets take full damage and can level the playing field. Alternatively if you see that your pet is at 40pct health and the target is at 60 pct or more, its time to use Tepid Deeds..If you see that your pet is at 20 pct and the target is now at 50pct or more, its time to use Shiftless Deeds. Remember that you should only be using Anarchy to get the mobs down once they are at 5% health when you break charm.. Needless to say, HS requires that you have your goblin gaz ring as everything needs to go according to plan, not a chance that hide wont break because then you are messing up the rotation.

If you want me to show you the ropes or have any other questions, send me a tell in game and I'll show you that HS isn't scary at all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wrote this back when I was exping in HS on Red. I was solo most of the time and probably broke in solo 30+ times. It is tough, but doable.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Enchante...ones_Adventure

Hit me up if you have any questions.
Your guide was awesome , definitely got me in there thanks man!
Old 05-12-2016, 09:33 PM
Kobold

Very cool replies. Thank you all for the information. I'm a fairly confident enchanter so I think I will venture into HS soon.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Needless to say, HS requires that you have your goblin gaz ring as everything needs to go according to plan
And a WC cap in case it doesn't.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And a WC cap in case it doesn't.
Ah yes that's a definite plus, But I find that there are so many clerics that run in there, if you can find a rez immediately a cleric will come along within the hour usually..And its a pain for me to keep recharging my cap but to each his own [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread