Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing is, Blizzard isn't trying to revolutionize gaming mechanics. What Blizzard is really good at doing is taking already-existing mechanics and making a super polished version of them. That's basically what Overwatch is. They took TF2 combined it with elements from the MOBA genre and made a very smooth, polished successor to it.

They've been doing this forever. From Hearthstone to HoTS, WoW, etc. The only arguably unique game you could say they've mad has been the Diablo franchise. Other than that, they've never been in the business of making the next Minecraft.
this. It pays off really well for them most of the time.

I have about 500 hours in TF2 (mostly spent as scout and soldier) and have watched quite a bit of competitive play over the years. I prefer Overwatch 100x over. There is just SO much player freedom in how someone can approach playing every character.

Don't let the failures of the modern Diablo and WoW team dissuade you from giving this game a shot. Overwatch has that old Blizzard love ingrained in it.

Also, Lucio is basically a support scout and it's amazing.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeziyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have about 500 hours in TF2 (mostly spent as scout and soldier) and have watched quite a bit of competitive play over the years. I prefer Overwatch 100x over. There is just SO much player freedom in how someone can approach playing every character.
So shiny and new? The 21 classes being mentioned as the only selling point, yet again.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-26-2016, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So shiny and new? The 21 classes being mentioned as the only selling point, yet again.
To put it more bluntly, it could have the same amount of classes that TF2 has and as long as the characters and maps still had that level of freedom, it would blow TF2 the fuck out.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
21 classes? wtf are you talking about, you're just hating for the sake of hating. Overwatch doesn't have any classes, its not wow.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
21 classes? wtf are you talking about, you're just hating for the sake of hating. Overwatch doesn't have any classes, its not wow.
He's trying his hardest to dumb down Overwatch so that he can attack it.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has classes, sorry to inform you of this.

It totals up to 21 combinations. Are 21 combinations, that's right, CLASSES, all viable and necessary and fit into a place in the game? Or is it just a big gimmick to sell some boxes and give you shiny and new?

Old 05-26-2016, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
It has classes, sorry to inform you of this.

It totals up to 21 combinations. Are 21 combinations, that's right, CLASSES, all viable and necessary and fit into a place in the game? Or is it just a big gimmick to sell some boxes and give you shiny and new?
Given the nature of how the game is supposed to be played, i.e team balancing by switching heroes mid game depending on where you are on the map and what your enemy team composition is: yes to the former, no to the latter.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

I think the updated over the shoulder on tracer is much more flattering for her ass. But i bet the SJW found something else to set themselves on fire over by now.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the updated over the shoulder on tracer is much more flattering for her ass. But i bet the SJW found something else to set themselves on fire over by now.
Sorry if you couldn't see that...The whole thing was fake to generate viral mainstream press, and get people searching for the game and the pic of the ass. Forbes magazine covered the story etc. as well as mega journalist websites.

Guess you missed all the press the PR stunt generated. It wasn't some gaming website shit pal, it went mainstream.

Widowmakers ass stands and was always way more over the top. The Tracer thing was literally engineered press PR stunt by Blizzard.

Wake up dude. Just another reason to not buy the game and not support Blizzard.

Old 05-26-2016, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And here it is in action boys
lol'd these fanboys stay piped by their favorite scumbag mega corp pulling the strings on them.

Closed Thread