Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DKP promotes putting gear on shit alts, people afking in walls, retards wasting loot on crap classes that delays guild progression, etc.

The only reason DKP is more favorable is if you have officers and leaders you can't trust. The only downside is if you have DKP with officers and leaders you can't trust they are also the ones in control of the DKP. If you have to rely on DKP because you can't trust them, odds are they are cheating the system anyways, assigning extra DKP to people, making fake raids up on a whim, etc.

DKP is a system that helps casuals feel secure but in this guilds case it is cheating and manipulating them. Only people benefiting are hardcore players and people like $ektors.

I hope this helps.
Oof
Old 05-29-2016, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

I think DKP works great in a game like EQ with an incredibly low skill bar and almost no gear checks on any progression other than how many bodies you can bring. If people are truly "afk in walls" collecting dkp and buying top shelf items, then the problem isn't dkp but rather the guild that allows those people to be tagged.

Tempest isn't hitting walls because someone's monk alt has a dain belt, but rather because of the sheer number requirement the top targets require. The dirty secret is plus hp and stat gear is rather meaningless in pve for non tanks. The only items that matter are your weapons and your clerics mana pool, and even the mana pool becomes irrelevant depending on numbers. Arguing about the best way to award a shiny metallic gloves is laughable.

This isn't WoW where each ilvl upgrade is a tangible increase to your raids DPS. We killed vulak with 90 kunark geared players, and could have prolly done it with 55. It's about class composition and numbers. The items don't really matter. They are a participation trophy to adorn your character with and feel as though you accomplished something.

Rant over
Old 05-29-2016, 11:32 PM
Banned

the items matter in making encounters possible with fewer people or with more ease
Old 05-29-2016, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

I'd argue the vast majority of items provide little to no meaningful pve raid advantage. stats can easily be capped with buffs and quest gear, hp and AC is basically meaningless other than for the tank with the exception of AoE Dragons which can mostly be dodged anyway, mana pool is rather meaningless outside of clerics and even then rarely comes into play. even tank items are somewhat irrelevant depending upon the size of your cleric chain. You're left with weapons which typically end up being the easiest items to distribute because they are class restricted and everyone ends up getting what they need fairly quickly. Everything else just ends up making your character seem better with resists and stats that ultimately make no difference to your raids success or failure. In other MMO's, every item upgrade is a tangible increase to your dps or hps, but that's not the case in EQ.

One rogue epic would be a bigger upgrade for a rogues raid utility than full BiS non weapon slots.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:11 AM
Sarnak

Siepher has zero attendance and zero loot. Dkp must be working fine. Either that or Strut is doing a terrible job stealing me loot. In fact, this will come up next time I see him. I mean, if DKP is for corrupt leaders I should be getting something...
Old 05-30-2016, 12:14 AM
Banned

fights were substantially easier in our later raids than starting raids due to shoveling gear onto warriors and monks

clerics having higher mana pools helped really only on high mana intensive fights like vyemm, aow, yelinak, but they certainly allowed us to get by with fewer clerics in chain once people really started burning out
Old 05-30-2016, 12:26 AM
Sarnak

Why monks over rogues (assuming the gear could be used by them)?
Old 05-30-2016, 12:43 AM
Banned

initially the idea was to help pulling back when we were doing straight up crawls through ToV, but eventually because our monks started backup tanking, if a warrior unexpectedly died, and rampage tanking
Old 05-30-2016, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd argue the vast majority of items provide little to no meaningful pve raid advantage. stats can easily be capped with buffs and quest gear, hp and AC is basically meaningless other than for the tank with the exception of AoE Dragons which can mostly be dodged anyway, mana pool is rather meaningless outside of clerics and even then rarely comes into play. even tank items are somewhat irrelevant depending upon the size of your cleric chain. You're left with weapons which typically end up being the easiest items to distribute because they are class restricted and everyone ends up getting what they need fairly quickly. Everything else just ends up making your character seem better with resists and stats that ultimately make no difference to your raids success or failure. In other MMO's, every item upgrade is a tangible increase to your dps or hps, but that's not the case in EQ.

One rogue epic would be a bigger upgrade for a rogues raid utility than full BiS non weapon slots.
Having a high cleric mana pool certainly helped on the 9 man progenitor kill with 2 clerics. Now that was FUN.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having a high cleric mana pool certainly helped on the 9 man progenitor kill with 2 clerics. Now that was FUN.
we all know my pet was the MVP
Closed Thread