Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, the camp holder should be there until the new person arrives. If the PH pops before the new person arrives and stays up unengaged for more than a minute, I'd go ahead and take it.

Note that if the camp holder just got a ring he can't continue to hold the camp and kill PHs to give his buddy more time to arrive.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

also if you are waiting on the camp aka next in line and the person gets his ring and then corpses said ring, the camp is also yours, and he must wait until you've gotten your ring to get the camp back if its just the two of you there
Old 05-30-2016, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by coki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also if you are waiting on the camp aka next in line and the person gets his ring and then corpses said ring, the camp is also yours, and he must wait until you've gotten your ring to get the camp back if its just the two of you there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Note that if the camp holder just got a ring he can't continue to hold the camp and kill PHs to give his buddy more time to arrive.
What does getting your ring have to do with your ability to continue to hold the camp? I thought all you had to do was this:

Quote:
a player should maintain a presence at or very near the spawn of the camp they are intending to hold, while keeping the placeholders of any relevant spawns dead.
Asking for a friend.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does getting your ring have to do with your ability to continue to hold the camp? I thought all you had to do was this:

Asking for a friend.
Cause someone used the rule to keep a high profile camp on lock down for over 2 months straight by corpsing lore items. Yes, one spawn for 2 months straight, not a typo

So they made a rule once you get your item, you no longer hold the camp
Last edited by Lojik; 05-30-2016 at 12:56 PM..
Old 05-30-2016, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cause someone used the rule to keep a high profile camp on lock down for over 2 months straight by corpsing lore items.
That is an extreme example, that likely deserved specific intervention by the staff. My question is would this situation deserve the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clarifying for a friend.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Cause someone used the rule to keep a high profile camp on lock down for over 2 months straight by corpsing lore items
o juicy, what was it? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-30-2016, 03:43 PM
Banned

Tranix was the mob in question. SolB

Lojik is correct, Miro2 is incorrect.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lojik is correct, Miro2 is incorrect.
I didn't realize you could be incorrect in asking a question.

Additionally who is the official keeper of GM/Guide decision precedence? I would like to inquire about factors that lead to this decision so I can compare them to the ones I inquired about, since decisions are made on a case by case basis; maybe even see if there is already a precedence for this very camp!
Old 05-30-2016, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

GM's make rulings per situation. This has let to a great deal of verbal rules that aren't listed, but someone somewhere can say back on xyz the GM said this. Usually it has to do with rule ambiguity such as "Guilds may not have any more than two representatives present at a raid spawn location." for example has turned into no one can be past the zone line while a raid mob is in window or you may get disqualified, because sometime years ago BDA was killing juggs and Trak spawned.

It is good that GM's can make decisions on the fly, but it results in a bunch of things new players would only know unless someone told them, and often don't make sense (like applying the same have to be at zone in logic for kael spawns)
Old 05-30-2016, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

The moment you have hard copies of written rules for every situation (which would be an encyclopedia anyway), you'll have people trying to bend them, twist them, reinterpret them...etc.

Stick to "don't be a dick" and you should be okay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread