Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 12:14 AM
Sarnak

Valid Reason #079 not being able to be logged into EC 100% of your playtime actually creates gaps with buyers and sellers creating an economy where people stand to make a little bit of plat buying and selling items. Creating more jobs and pathways for Norath citizens to become functioning members of society.

Make Norath great again!
Old 06-11-2016, 01:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
love this gif get 'em rogdawg!
Old 06-11-2016, 04:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammothMafia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Valid Reason #079 not being able to be logged into EC 100% of your playtime actually creates gaps with buyers and sellers creating an economy where people stand to make a little bit of plat buying and selling items. Creating more jobs and pathways for Norath citizens to become functioning members of society.

Make Norath great again!
You mean it makes it harder to sell stuff/buy and is unclassic.

Neither legit or good reasons. Double fail.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:24 AM
Kobold

The system as it stands isn't classic anyway because of the low numbers on the servers. Hence the difficulty with buying and selling. Hence the suggestion.
I solved buying my spells by looking at logs and searching for people who were selling the required spells over the last few days and sending tells to them. You could do the same thing to sell spells as well.
It's a pretty bizarre an un-classic way to solve the problem though and breaks the "classic" just as badly IMO.

What I think is more of an issue is having to drop items on the ground and relog, assuming you dont know anyone well enough to trust them with a transfer.
I find it a problem, because although I can make friends, I tend to play for a while and then drop out for 6 months or a year and come back. Each time I come to a server where I don't know anyone and am faced with this dropping items on the ground issue.

I know we had to drop stuff in classic too. Wasn't part of classic I enjoyed, or want to come back to.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

Any city has good/safe places to drop transfer items, it's as much of an issue as you want to make it.

There really isn't a reason you can't make friends on P99, there's good folks around everywhere. I got a GNOME of all races to help me transfer some singing steel boots the other day. I'd met him only once before in a CoM group - said he knew some others in my guild when we were smalltalking...that was good enough for me. He didn't run off with them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-11-2016, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't part of classic I enjoyed, or want to come back to.
Then make your own server.

Personally I love drop transfers and I want them to stay, and I want coin drops to come back!
Old 06-11-2016, 07:51 AM
Planar Protector

Guys, c'mon, it's over. DMN called us on it. He said that no good reasons have been put forward, and we are just going to have to deal with that. I don't know how we thought we could argue against this guy anyway, since he has the power to decide validity. It's like arguing with a thunderstorm, it just doesn't do any good. I, for one, apologize DMN.

I realize now that since you were irritated about not getting your spells, then it is perfectly reasonable to have a thirteen page argument about how the devs here should overturn a core commitment on a system that they developed and put lots of effort into and that you had nothing to do with besides enjoying. I realize now that 'boxing' and 'ONLY LEVEL 1 what don't you understand pmfg boxing' are TOTALLY different things, and in no way have any similarities. Yknow, in a way I'm glad we got called on our fail here, people. Maybe we can take this as an opportunity to learn the best way to respond to DMN. I'm thinking 'You are exactly correct, DMN, thank you.' is a good start, but maybe some of you have another idea or two.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
words.
One of the cornerstones of an old era game community like EQ is that it's social, people help each other and it's easy to make some pals and slay some orcs etc. That's why people come back here, to do that and experience that again.

When people want to basically play solo quest, never see or talk to anyone else and want features added that help them to stand apart from everyone else...that's what WoW is for. Go play that instead.

Join a guild OP for chrissakes... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-11-2016, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The system as it stands isn't classic anyway because of the low numbers on the servers. Hence the difficulty with buying and selling. Hence the suggestion.
I solved buying my spells by looking at logs and searching for people who were selling the required spells over the last few days and sending tells to them. You could do the same thing to sell spells as well.
It's a pretty bizarre an un-classic way to solve the problem though and breaks the "classic" just as badly IMO.

What I think is more of an issue is having to drop items on the ground and relog, assuming you dont know anyone well enough to trust them with a transfer.
I find it a problem, because although I can make friends, I tend to play for a while and then drop out for 6 months or a year and come back. Each time I come to a server where I don't know anyone and am faced with this dropping items on the ground issue.

I know we had to drop stuff in classic too. Wasn't part of classic I enjoyed, or want to come back to.
All of that sounds very "classic" to me. The population really isn't that low, either.

Worst part of dropping is getting back in time.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guys, c'mon, it's over. DMN called us on it. He said that no good reasons have been put forward, and we are just going to have to deal with that. I don't know how we thought we could argue against this guy anyway, since he has the power to decide validity. It's like arguing with a thunderstorm, it just doesn't do any good. I, for one, apologize DMN.

I realize now that since you were irritated about not getting your spells, then it is perfectly reasonable to have a thirteen page argument about how the devs here should overturn a core commitment on a system that they developed and put lots of effort into and that you had nothing to do with besides enjoying. I realize now that 'boxing' and 'ONLY LEVEL 1 what don't you understand pmfg boxing' are TOTALLY different things, and in no way have any similarities. Yknow, in a way I'm glad we got called on our fail here, people. Maybe we can take this as an opportunity to learn the best way to respond to DMN. I'm thinking 'You are exactly correct, DMN, thank you.' is a good start, but maybe some of you have another idea or two.
You have embiggened us all with your cromulent humility.
Closed Thread