Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
13/f/cali, u?
hi i'm belgian

skype me

ps. u do have a younger sister right?
Old 06-30-2016, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNGloriouS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NOBODY SHOULD HAVE A LEV CLOAK BECAUSE IM TIRED OF MY AUTISM CAUSING ME DEATHS AGAINST ROGUES USING DUELIST ON ME
Why don't you just go fuck yourself, miserable cocksucking piece of shit.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

Parrots say words and don't know what they mean and how they should be used or whatever.

Anyhow autism
Old 07-01-2016, 06:29 AM
Sarnak

server needs to be raptured. fucking sodomites.. and classic only no fucking kunark and velious segregating the content.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:31 AM
Fire Giant

ouch
Old 07-01-2016, 07:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is a pretty chronic problem with emu servers that they wait way too long to take action, without a bottom line to push things along. I don't know if a wipe and/or new server would even have much of an effect at this point.

I think we're screwed bros. Staff is partially to blame with lack of CSR presence in an environment that really needs it, lack of a single dedicated resource focusing on PVP code, and content delays/extended timelines that really have a much more pronounced effect in a PVP environment. But the community didn't do itself any favors here either, lets be honest. The bitter multiyear blood feud dick measuring contests over the years either chased away any new players entirely or sucked them into one side or the other and perpetuated it.

I suppose it is worth a shot, but if you were the staff here would you be putting your time and effort into a new red server that is going to composed mostly of the degenerate malcontents you basically abandoned over the last 2 years because of how big a pain in the ass they are or a new blue server to address actual overcrowding on your flagship "product"? I think it is worth at least an attempt at doing it correctly, but I can honestly see how they might feel it is not.
So much this, a new server would be handicapped from multiple flanks. What staff would be interested in throwing in work for such a shitty community? What sane person would invest hundreds of hours in the server and gambling of not having to watch them fuck up a fragile population again with ill-advised "pops gotta go down before its gonna go up" xp nerf nonsense. It would be a titanic-esque sized failboat.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Someone donate me some server hardware or give me access to hosting so that I can put up a PoP-era PVP server.

I've always been jaded about the fact that I wanted classic PVP because I played on RZ back in '99 and had a fucking blast, but that's because the community was much better, interactions with other players was nicer, and the game was still fresh in that the average player wasn't a min/maxer. It was fun back then. It's not any more.

At least PoP-era had tons of content to work on for raiding guilds to keep the hardcore players interested, as well as AA's to keep everyone down to the lowly casuals grouping and soloing to continually better themselves after hitting max level. And I don't give a fuck what you have to say about the Plane of Knowledge. Having the PoK books around the world gave everyone much easier access to finding pvp.

*shrug* I think it'd be a blast.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:03 AM
Banned

Wipe it clean
Old 07-01-2016, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone donate me some server hardware or give me access to hosting so that I can put up a PoP-era PVP server.
Nowadays you can get a VPS sufficient to run an EQEmu server for about 100 concurrent players for something like $20 / month.

Matter of fact if you know what you are doing, signing up for a VPS, tweaking it a little, installing and configuring EQEmu, populating the database and doing some basic tuning and have the server running could take you .. oh, maybe 4 hours.

You can start working on it right now.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So much this, a new server would be handicapped from multiple flanks. What staff would be interested in throwing in work for such a shitty community? What sane person would invest hundreds of hours in the server and gambling of not having to watch them fuck up a fragile population again with ill-advised "pops gotta go down before its gonna go up" xp nerf nonsense. It would be a titanic-esque sized failboat.
U quit and had a mental breakdown on the forums. 3 years later still going on jeez louise
Closed Thread