Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 05:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Discord Chat Client - Server Wide LFG

Something I've been thinking about for a while is how nice it would be to be able to form up groups without having to just run to a zone and hope there's room for you. Yes we have the ability to turn on /lfg but that requires you to sit afk on that character with your fingers crossed. So what I'm going to do is try to set up a discord server and I'll keep the community updated on here with its popularity. There could be better solutions out there and while I'm sure there are some who aren't into this kind of thing, I still think that it is worth a shot.

- = Info = -
Discord Download: https://discordapp.com/
p99 Server Invite Link: https://discord.gg/w4w25pb

Downloading is only necessary if you wish to speak in discord, simply clicking the server invite link will allow you access to text channels and to listen to voice chat via your web browser.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

About 5 people signed up so far, hope to get a bunch more during US prime time.

Question to the community; should we just have 1 LFG channel or should we split it up by level?

Also I want to stress that while yes Discord does have voice capability I think the primary use of our server would be the text chat. Yes IRC would work for this too but Discord is a little more accessible for the average user. Also the P99 IRC has never had a very active community.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Server is growing, up to 20 members, obviously we're going to need a lot more for it to be an effective group recruiting tool but it is cool to see so many so quickly.

If anyone has any suggestions please post, especially good ways to get the word out!
Old 07-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Banned

Ya airhorn 2 spice it up
Old 07-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Haha I think I'm going to stay away from anything that could be used to bug people just chillin on the server. I already turned off all alerts.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:58 AM
Sarnak

Great idea putting this together m8, lots of good people on here.

Made a small leveling group on red -- very excited to make more use of this channel !
Old 07-02-2016, 07:21 AM
Fire Giant

green_grocer - Today at 4:49 AM
www.p2002.com for a real fresh start

Nope
Old 07-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great idea putting this together m8, lots of good people on here.

Made a small leveling group on red -- very excited to make more use of this channel !
Glad to hear this is working for people already. Users really exploded overnight thanks to the xp bonus. Let's keep it rolling!
Old 07-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Definitely a great idea. I will post this to Dial a Port Forums and tell my members to talk about it to people when porting.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely a great idea. I will post this to Dial a Port Forums and tell my members to talk about it to people when porting.
oh nice, great idea!
Closed Thread