Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

At higher levels I thought a lot shaman and necro dots don't stack. Either way there are huge synergies with that duo.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

Ranger/Sham is great for general purpose play, especially hunting specific or rare mobs and questing where track becomes a huge boon.

Monk is just plain stronger defensively and offensively and brings the indoor pulling that rangers lack. I'd say that pure grinding/farming at max speed or fighting the *most* difficult mobs is where monk is really going to shine over the ranger option.

Outside of the numbers, I enjoy playing ranger more than monk. There is a lot of potential for skilled play, especially in small groups and outdoor zones. Even indoors, being able to use your top notch snap agro to pull an add off the healer and root park it in the corner can be the difference between a wipe (or log med break) and keeping the xp rolling.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

In <Lost In Progression> on Trakanon server in 2013, Raxiel from TMO boxed his main ranger with a shaman and sometimes a warrior. Once he got all those AAs on his ranger, he could do seemingly anything just by himself. Perhaps the best place for a ranger/shaman duo would be a progression server that goes to Luclin and PoP.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is monk avoidance or DPS that much superior to ranger to account for the preference?
Yes. And FD.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In <Lost In Progression> on Trakanon server in 2013, Raxiel from TMO boxed his main ranger with a shaman and sometimes a warrior. Once he got all those AAs on his ranger, he could do seemingly anything just by himself. Perhaps the best place for a ranger/shaman duo would be a progression server that goes to Luclin and PoP.
Vid !!
I was in LiP as well
I was enjamin / zyxo

I recall a very long night trying to kill captain rottgrime with many failed attempts lol
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Closed Thread