Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 02:36 AM
Aviak

Looks like they just fixed it. Devs, I owe you 1,000 blowjobs.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like they just fixed it.
Is this truly confirmed? I'll try to do some quadding tonight and post here to confirm as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this truly confirmed? I'll try to do some quadding tonight and post here to confirm as well...
Works fine on my end.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

Sigh, fixed for everyone except rain spells. Rain spells still cannot finish off any mob over level 20.

------------------------------
August 26, 2003
------------------------------
- AE Rain Spells were resisted 100% of the time when an NPC was above
level 20 and had less than 10% of its hit points left. This will no
longer happen.

Not only is there still no evidence that this was a long running problem, but the 10% hp criteria of the resist is not how it is presently working. 34% hp greater kobold in solb, full resist of 324 dmg wave of rain of swords, and not even giving messages of subsequent waves. This mob would have been killed by the wave.

Presently I believe the formula is acting from the %hp AFTER the wave would land, as opposed to before the wave lands. Thus, it sees that the wave would leave the mob at 0%, aka dead, and says... nope, resist! I could be wrong on this hypothesis. Either way, this doesn't seem correct at all. The mob in question was not below 10%, and therefore should not resist the spell. Presently, Rain of Swords is essentially useless, and at best, horribly inefficient and broken.

Are you really claiming that Rain of Swords has never killed a level 20+ mob pre-2003? Is this classic? Under all explanations of rain spells from 1999-2003, I don't see anything like "Oh btw, this spell cannot kill anything, only hurt it a bit." Seriously. 4 years of this mechanic and no-body mentioned it?

Some legit feedback on this mechanic would be highly appreciated. I gave tons of feedback already, and a fix came, but it did nothing but make fire beetles killable by Rain spells. I guess Rain spells were only meant to be used to farm fire beetle eyes.

/frustration

I will run some more detailed tests and figure out exactly when these mobs will/will not resist.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Kobold

I used mainly raid spells on my raiding wizard, it was from luclin tho, and never had trouple with getting kill shots on bosses with 3-4 rains running on it. so unless this was changed at some point they should be able to get kill shots. atleast the level 50+ rains from wizards.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvappe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used mainly raid spells on my raiding wizard, it was from luclin tho, and never had trouple with getting kill shots on bosses with 3-4 rains running on it. so unless this was changed at some point they should be able to get kill shots. atleast the level 50+ rains from wizards.
Thank you. Can about 50 more people come forth and vouch that Rain spells have killed mobs in classic EQ?
Old 03-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Kobold

I played a wizard for years on live, and for quite some time rains could not get killshots. I don't remember exactly when this changed, but I would estimate in the Luclin-PoP range.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomlaor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a wizard for years on live, and for quite some time rains could not get killshots. I don't remember exactly when this changed, but I would estimate in the Luclin-PoP range.
Quite some time, as in 4 years, or during said Luclin-PoP range? Luclin came out at the end of 2001, fix was in 2003.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Orc

According to this thread from December 2002, rains ceased to get killing blows around 2000 (AKA Velious). Why they'd be doing this in P99 at this point makes no sense.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
According to this thread from December 2002, rains ceased to get killing blows around 2000 (AKA Velious). Why they'd be doing this in P99 at this point makes no sense.
Ahhh, very nice find! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just what I've been looking for!

January 7th, 2003 09:36 AM -
I get the killing blow with Tears of Druzzil all the time, I normally get auto-resisted when a mob is around 10% of its health. Not sure how you are doing this unless a HUGE amount of damage is done at the same time that the rain procs.
Closed Thread