Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 07:21 AM
Orc

Default 12dmg 19delay vs 20dmg 34delay offhand

Which is a better offhand with Rage Bringer Rogue?

scimitar of the emerald dawn (20dmg 34 delay)

or

thornstinger (12dmg 20delay effect rampage )

and why?

I am using Scimitar atm and will be getting Thornstinger soon.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

Scimitar since Thornstinger is primary only!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:31 AM
Kobold

Thornstinger if it was secondary wieldable. Ratio is better and that's what matters for offhand. Proc is not important unless you're tanking, heh.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:04 AM
Orc

Thanks Detoxx
Old 08-23-2016, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe I'm weird, but I'd go TS in mainhand, epic offhand. Yeah max backstabbing is gone but 12/19 and 15/25 weapons are sexy. I'd be willing to bet dps parsed would be better with those over scimitar. I could be wrong as I haven't tested it, but that's the setup I'd go with on my Rogue. If thornstinger was secondary it'd be a no brainer to put it in offhand. 12/19 > 20/34. That 34 delay is wicked slow. I've never used the scimitar but I have used the 17/34 axe and promptly got rid of it. That delay drove me nuts.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 08-23-2016 at 08:36 AM..
Old 08-23-2016, 09:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe I'm weird, but I'd go TS in mainhand, epic offhand. Yeah max backstabbing is gone but 12/19 and 15/25 weapons are sexy. I'd be willing to bet dps parsed would be better with those over scimitar. I could be wrong as I haven't tested it, but that's the setup I'd go with on my Rogue. If thornstinger was secondary it'd be a no brainer to put it in offhand. 12/19 > 20/34. That 34 delay is wicked slow. I've never used the scimitar but I have used the 17/34 axe and promptly got rid of it. That delay drove me nuts.
Not trying to be a dick, but from a min/max standpoint most of this post is incorrect. For offhand your main consideration should be purely ratio. Damage bonus only affects the main hand, so speed is irrelevent in the off hand, only ratio matters. Also, using TS in main would make sense if you're not backstabbing (e.g. solo), but otherwise you want the epic in main. BS is a significant chunk of your dps, and the difference between a 12 and 15 dmg mainhand is going to be bigger than the dps from a lower dmg but faster mainhand.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Rage+SoED, Rage+SCD, Rage+EoN, TS+Rage. DPS in that order. The second, third and fourth are changeable depending on your other worn haste items or if you are fighting a high lvl mob with lots of AC. If you are using a sky haste belt you should never use TS for max dps. worn haste does effect your backstab cooldown. I'm using an RBB and i refresh every 7 seconds. Without haste i believe you refresh every 10 seconds?

I parsed those three for about 4 months and SoED worked best even on mobs with very high AC. You'd assume the SCD combo would be better on a high AC mob, but the parsers proved me wrong. I used SoED up until i got my primal spear from ST.

There's also a DN spear that i have not messed around with at all, so no idea on that one.