Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchybottom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the resist rates are adjusted to live from the era, you will be able to solo most of Howling Stones (with more risk than a necromancer), Droga, and some of Old Sebilis with a bit of risk. There is just no room to animation kite things in there, without creating a big train. While necromancers can explore these areas more safely, holding onto their pet for dear life and feigning at the moment that something goes wrong -- you are better off (when alone) relying on mez, getting to a safe spot and camping to clear aggro as you travel forward. Then setting up shop with a charmed pet and some toys (gnoll hide lariets, generate a decent amount of hate) and shrugging off melee damage on light charm breaks with Rune V. You can also solo up to the library in Chardok without much trouble (especially if you grab a slaveblock or whipcracker)

Group-wise, if you can keep track of your mez timers, you'll be a better asset than a shaman in most dungeon crawling scenarios.
Not sure why you got banned but this is a pretty darn good write-up.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomlaor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are also the key to the most fun type of grouping there is: the PBAE group.
Yes! Prior to level 55ish you need two chanters to do really big pulls (25+), but I've done PBAE groups with just three people; 1 wiz, 1 chanter and 1 cleric at 60. Used to farm AAs in Chardok pulling around 10-20ish mobs. I think my personal best was 44 in a full group, but I'm sure people who were AEing in The Grey had their pulls in the 70's or 80's.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Orc

Speaking on Enchanter spells on the wiki.project1999 site it says you can get Breeze in East Commonlands and Firiona Vie. Back on live I think I got it in FV anyone confirm you can buy it in EC after kunark comes out?
Old 03-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anort [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking on Enchanter spells on the wiki.project1999 site it says you can get Breeze in East Commonlands and Firiona Vie. Back on live I think I got it in FV anyone confirm you can buy it in EC after kunark comes out?
get to 29 for Clarity ya lazy ars ;D jk, i'm sure the devs will be on top of the spell distribution, and all of the spells will be where they are supposed to be [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asher
Old 03-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anort [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't entirely in the know back then I'm sure, but I thought you could only get it in Kunark.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 03-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't entirely in the know back then I'm sure, but I thought you could only get it in Kunark.
Correct you get it in Firiona Vie or The Overthere if you're evil. The EC vendor wasn't added till later.

Edwis - Enchanter
Nineteen - Monk
Kiral - Shaman
Gravesend - Necromancer
Closed Thread