Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingowingo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know that some of these manipulations into the ergonomics of playing a monk seem more efficient and have a way of reducing downtime and less button-pressing, I'm just not sure how much more efficiency these macros provide when you're stuck in a situation that requires a more manual-way of playing (not relying on macros because of the cooldown you experience when you incorporate '/pause 'x' amount of seconds.') I don't know if you ever noticed, but macros tend to be very diligent in responding to what you type into them; some of them, yes, reconstruct the idea of efficiency. But when you're stuck in a situation where you're having to pull at a timed pace, I find these efficient practices to be a huge cockblock when you're trying to snag mobs that are super-sowed (ToV mobs) or interesting splits that has you manipulating FD and sneak back-to-back in mere seconds. Timing and situational awareness is what makes the monk so stereotypically lethal and you can have the awareness, but when you're bogged down with macros, it takes away from your timing a lot making you miss easy pull-targets that you normally would be able to tag if you were playing a more manual, robot-like style of play. The best practice into making sure that you aren't having to wait on a macro hotkey to regurgitate itself, is to no train/level with them. Go out into Qeynos Hills, FoB, EC and just practice by hitting sneak independently. And when you get FD, practice hitting that independently while turning /auto off. Then conjoin the two of them and see how they work together in a group full of mobs including casters. Not relying on macros is the tl;dr and this applies to all of the classes.
These macros were for getting skill ups while in EC. You wouldn't use them in any scenarios you mentioned...
Old 09-28-2016, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

But are they? I know people have down-time to skill-up this way, but what about the starting monks that are staring at this thread as a means to finding a legitimate way to get better? I mean it's under the melee thread.. This write-up wasn't for you who want to train skills while tunnelquesting, but for every monk out there as well
Old 09-28-2016, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

Attention new monks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would be the macro setups if I wanted to just practice sneak and just practice feign death?

I've seen past threads where people posted about doing them in combat but I'm just looking for them to practice when I'm hanging out in the tunnel or not in combat.
Just for skill ups....

Quote:
Also, what is the correct macro setup for feign death when I am in combat? I've seen it a few different ways which always turns into debates.
This question wasn't answered.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

The only macros I use on my monk are for BW in combat, and for combat-flop to reduce agro (like you would fade on Rogue). The combat flop is just a simple /doability and /stand.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

I'm happy to say that I maxed out sneak for my level by both practicing in the field while healing and also when I was buying/selling in the tunnel.

Lot of the skill points came from me just testing out the macro over and over.

I don't have feign death yet but I'm sure I can work something out that will work correctly.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, what is the correct macro setup for feign death when I am in combat? I've seen it a few different ways which always turns into debates.
Two options:
1) No macro. Remember to turn off autoattack before hitting FD.
2) Macro which first does /attack off. Then second line triggers your FD ability using /doability
Old 09-29-2016, 03:26 AM
Sarnak

/pause 1, /attack off
/pause 1, /doability #FD
/doability #sneak
Old 09-29-2016, 03:34 AM
Sarnak

Don't think pauses are necessary, I don't use them and never had issue that I've noticed.

And sometimes you don't want to sneak.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:11 AM
Orc

Slight side rail but is it possible to have epic (or robe until i get epic) macroed to go off when i kick?
Old 10-04-2016, 07:25 AM
Sarnak

If you have kick on hotbar 1 hotbutton 2, then put your robe/epic on hotbar 2 hotbutton 2.

Got to options > keys > hotbar 2 > and then keypress 2 at hotbutton 2.

This way by pressing 2 you will kick (hotbar 1) and click your robe or epic (hotbar 2).
Closed Thread