Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

Stop and frisk was wildly successful and should be reinstated nation wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 09-29-2016, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop and frisk was wildly successful and should be reinstated nation wide.
There is no good reason for it not to be.

What do you have to hide? If you aren't breaking the law, whats the fucking problem?

Making sure everything among the jobless and destitute, who are at a high risk of violent crime,

Making sure they are staying on the up-and-up and staying on the straight and narrow, is bad policy now?

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-29-2016, 05:57 PM
Banned

the real problem is not enough female police performing the searches
Old 09-29-2016, 07:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no good reason for it not to be.
(((the constitution))) ..?

GREEN: Ineluki - Human Shadow Knight of Inoruuk

lulz
Old 09-29-2016, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnauga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(((the constitution))) ..?
Seriously, ATG what the fuck?

Why don't we just chip everyone like dogs and let the gubment track us more than they already do? Ya know, CUZ IF U DON'T GOT NUTHIN 2 HIDE LOL.

The fuck outta here with that bullshit.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csihar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) Individual displaying suspicious is investigated

If it's about frisking people who are already being investigated then alright. The name is pretty odd then though. 'Stop and frisk'
I might be off on a tangent confusing exactly what you bring up, and I think you answered it yourself to an extent in that post.

It's the displaying suspicious behavior that muddies the water to me...

-----------
Azzar, the if you haven't done anything wrong argument can be used for a lot of things...

well if you aint done nuthin let us put metal detectors where you leave your property, cameras in your house,checkpoints and automated searches, random raids,self incrimination

the constitution is specifically made to restrain the Government from these types of things...

I know I live in my own bubble... I don't mind learning...

Most important though is probably to learn your state's version of

New York Civil Liberties Union - What To Do If You're Stopped By The Police

here's another link from that site about 'Stop and Frisk'

New York Civil Liberties Union - Stop and Frisk Campaign: About the Issue it is a parent link of the one above...

I don't like how it's framed as a racial issue but I can understand why it would be, some interesting links there imo.

I shouldn't even really be posting about it so i'll leave it alone now...
Old 09-29-2016, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csihar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay but then it's:

1) Individual displaying suspicious is investigated
2) Officer is justified in believing this person may be armed
3) Person is frisked

Right?

I can't seem to get a straight answer to the my question. Was stop and frisk the act of RANDOMLY selecting people? Or was it simply the act of frisking someone who was already being engaged? It sounded random to me, which wouldn't be covered by what that text described.

If it's about frisking people who are already being investigated then alright. The name is pretty odd then though. 'Stop and frisk'
Well that's why I put the old lady pic in there, flashing the gang sign while brandishing a firearm. Personally I thought it was down right hilarious, which would be the correct response while understanding the issue. But I picked up on your question from the get go, what you were leading to.

There is no "straight answer" like you are looking for, not unless it's explainable to a robot (literally meaning - not calling you a robot). This is an answer for the human equation, and why we just cant have robots patrolling the streets. May as well just fly armed autonomous drones (and they probably will very soon) if you lawyer it up to an algorithm understandable by crude robots, which it can't be understood by them and work properly.

Haven't you ever ...felt... the outcome of a situation? Whatever you want to call it, a premonition? Whatever. Robots can't do that, only people can. Cops on the streets can develop that pretty well, they call it gut feeling. Better to listen to it and be wrong than to not listen to it and be dead. At least if wrong, nobody is dead. If a robot is wrong, and they can't do gut feelings, then they just break after the attack.

So no, I refuse to lawyer cops into becoming robots, then say "see they are not good robots" and then demand robots to be put on the street. Because that's what it leads to.

The 1968 supreme court had it right, it is fully applicable to this case of stop and frisk. Considering the huge amount of cases they get every year compared to the very very few rulings they have time for (less than 1%), it's a waste of their time to go back and commentary it down to lawyer it up and then probably go back to the courts again at a future date to commentary it down again.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Makes sense now?
Old 09-30-2016, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

THE FOURTH AMENDMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
THE FOURTH AMENDMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION.
yea sry ahld... I thought it was my patriotic duty to ignore the constitution... /facepalm

really though yea u are absolutely right

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth...s_Constitution
Old 09-30-2016, 04:34 PM
VIP / Contributor

with a good enough lawyer, it doesn't matter what they find on you because it will be thrown out. don't give them any other reasons to hold you (obstruction of justice, resisting arrest, etc), and as long as they had no legal reason to search you, they cant use anything they find on you against you in court.

themoreyouknow.gif

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Closed Thread