Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus
Default Frontier Mountains named cycle.

As referenced here: http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...tier_Mountains

Killing in the designated spots. Can only really find (with a druid tracker) one diseased brute, which isn't triggering a mob in the next spot. Been trying for 2 hours now in FM to no avail.

Kolored on Red.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Project Manager

The wiki entry doesn't include all the correct npcs per cycle.

It took a lot of research to narrow this down, but it should be working 100%.

Has anyone else had difficulty with the FM cycles?
Old 03-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Kobold

I can confirm they are working, although it seems the named spawn rate was nerfed in the past few days? Compared to what it was prior at least it seems, dunno what rate should be etc. Any details on that stuff has to be very anecdotal and difficult to even find.

Mosscovered twig is in Boogoog droptable yes? I've killed him 8-10 times over the past week or more and never seen him drop a thing. I just hope it wasn't artificially made super rare just since its a great item. I'd imagine it wasn't all that rare a drop when Kunark opened (can't remember camping at that point though) since the devs obviously didn't even realize how powerful an item it was. But the spawn rate seemed to be pretty low on him last night (killed over 10 ph, 1 Boogoog), combined with a seemingly low drop rate (0 in 8-10) would make it a pretty damn rare drop.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Kobold

Confirmed cycle works but drop rates are slim to none. Names are spawning (rare) but that can take hours solo and drops are non existant.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Aviak

Also can confirm the Gob/Buryni (whatever) is working.

Drop rate is extremely low or non exisistant

One live I remember doing the Gob/Bur cycle and when a named popped it had the item. I know the named spawn was the rare but I am sure the items were not this rare. I dont think it was a luck item because I ran the cycle a lot and Dustscyer had ball, Blug had totem....ect ect ect..

The Sarnak/Brute cycle which always seemed to be super rare drops including the twig which I only had drop 1 time in months.

Thanks for your time guys!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Project Manager

Goblin/Burynai cycle named drop their loot 100% of the time, aside from the very few of them that do not drop loot at all.

Giants/Brutes/Sarnaks drop their loot rarely, aside from the ones who have no loot.

Possibly the rare loot is too rare. How rare should it be? 20%? 5%? Lots of conflicting posts.
Last edited by nilbog; 03-17-2011 at 11:19 AM..
Old 03-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Kobold

One thing I've noticed may be wrong with the brute / sarnak cycle at the moment. Killing Bloodscale the Vicious is supposed to end the cycle for a while, and it does. However, the respawn time on the cycle restarting seems to be either too long or isn't in there. I killed him last night, the cycle stopped. It still wasn't up today some 12 hours later or so. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think killing Bloodscale the Vicious only delayed the cycle 3 or 4 hours at most, maybe less? I never sat around in classic waiting for it to repop, I just have a vague recollection of hearing it was on the order of hours, not a half day or more.

I dunno how rare exactly the loot should be on brute/sarnak cycle, no idea how it'd be possible to know something like that. It just seems overly low at the moment compared to what I remember. The nameds themselves are rare, and there seems to be a less than 10% chance of drops in that cycle. For rare spawns, something along the lines of a 20-25% drop rate would seem to be more reasonable unless there's some evidence it was a lot lower.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Killing Bloodscale the Vicious is supposed to end the cycle for a while, and it does. However, the respawn time on the cycle restarting seems to be either too long or isn't in there. I killed him last night, the cycle stopped. It still wasn't up today some 12 hours later or so. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think killing Bloodscale the Vicious only delayed the cycle 3 or 4 hours at most, maybe less? I never sat around in classic waiting for it to repop, I just have a vague recollection of hearing it was on the order of hours, not a half day or more.
Hmm, well it's not scripted to work this way. If its intended for it to stop for a certain amount of time, we can make that work with specifics. I do not see any problems with the cycle breaking atm.

Quote:
For rare spawns, something along the lines of a 20-25% drop rate would seem to be more reasonable unless there's some evidence it was a lot lower.
The rare loots will be less rare, next beta patch.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, well it's not scripted to work this way. If its intended for it to stop for a certain amount of time, we can make that work with specifics. I do not see any problems with the cycle breaking atm.
Well I had it happen 2x over the last few weeks doing this. Both times I killed Bloodscale the cycle stopped. Both times, the brute PH that was supposed to spawn next didn't. I had a vague recollection of a mob that would end it, looked it up and found only one reference to Bloodscale stopping the cycle, but figured that had to be right.

I was pretty sure that ended it both times I killed him on beta. The second time I went back over 12 hours later, killed pretty much every possible ph I could see (using tracksort distance in the areas they spawn), and it still didn't seem to be back up.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Kobold

So on live now, I'm 99% sure that killing Bloodscale the Vicious still ends the brutes / sarnak cycle indefinitely.

I started killing some of this cycle just 2-3 hours after kunark opened last night. Unfortunately Bloodscale spawned off like the 3rd Sarnak ph, and the cycle ended after I killed him. Checked back a couple different times that night, and again this morning over 12 hours after Bloodscale died. Every time I slaughtered any and all possible ph's. It just doesn't seem to be there now.
Last edited by Sparkin; 03-26-2011 at 10:48 PM..
Closed Thread