Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 09:19 AM
Large Rat

Default New to P99, but "old" EQ player

I first started playing EQ in '99, not long after SoV had been released. I heard of the game through some DnD gaming friends, and I was big into playing Diablo on bnet. I remember thinking "Why would anyone pay to play a game they already bought?" I broke down, bought the game (it included the basic game and the first two expansions), especially since you got your first 30 days free. Played it, was blown away by being able to see the world around me, and played for several years.

I eventually stopped playing and switched to WoW after it was first released. Tried EQ Live after it went F2P, and enjoyed it...except all of the zones I knew and remembered fondly were empty of players.

Fast forward to now, and a good friend told me about this server, and I am enjoying being back.

Highest level toon is a level 10 half-elf Bard, Villeanthas.

Folks have been really great, and I want to give a shout out to the erudite magician ("T" something) and gnome ("P" something) wizard that actually asked if I minded them pulling the whole Warrens, since I was in at the zone in XPing. They gave me various bronze weapon drops and coin - pretty amazing treatment!

So, anywho, hoping to find a nice, casual guild to level and socialize with. I am Eastern US time zone, and work third shift (11 p.m. to 7 a.m.), and am typically on after work in the morning, and overnight on the weekends.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:33 PM
Kobold

Consider Joining Illuminati Confirmed! We are primarily a leveling guild and have very helpful players within a broad spectrum of level ranges!

Contant Trevedic, Galladily, Dmadman, Leich or do a /who illuminati all to find someone. Ask anyone in the guild and they will help you get an invite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Hey buddy /friend Amyas if you see me online I'll help you out.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Look at any of the Euro guilds. And consider making a bard and joining DaP

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 11-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at any of the Euro guilds. And consider making a bard and joining DaP
A bard can't port...and my level 10 character is a bard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread