Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes, and I'm sure you have an alt parked inside tov in case they are all on /anon, along with moles in all the top guilds, etc. you're a good man, and thorough.

or maybe just ignorant of how much work it is, with plenty of free time on your hands. something.
i can confirm it's instructed in the guild rules to not go /anon and i've never been roleplay in tov. to add we never go roleplay unless instructed to do so which is pretty rare. sorry the OP didn't have the due dillgence to go to the scariest place in the game and didn't think about it. it reminds me of when Veeshan's Peak was released on live.

"We recommend that only the most advanced and organized players in the game even attempt to enter this zone.
The customer service staff (GMs and Guides) will not assist players in any way in regards to this zone.
This includes help for issues such as unrecoverable corpses (see your local Necromancer),
or characters finding themselves stuck (see your local Magician), bugs, etc.
- Gordon"
Old 11-08-2016, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i can confirm it's instructed in the guild rules to not go /anon and i've never been roleplay in tov. to add we never go roleplay unless instructed to do so which is pretty rare. sorry the OP didn't have the due dillgence to go to the scariest place in the game and didn't think about it. it reminds me of when Veeshan's Peak was released on live.

"We recommend that only the most advanced and organized players in the game even attempt to enter this zone.
The customer service staff (GMs and Guides) will not assist players in any way in regards to this zone.
This includes help for issues such as unrecoverable corpses (see your local Necromancer),
or characters finding themselves stuck (see your local Magician), bugs, etc.
- Gordon"
ToV isn't terribly scary if you don't have dragons being fought at at the zone in. The zone in for VP is considerably worse. For that matter, the zone in to Charasis is more dangerous than the ToV zone in sans players.

This is of course the issue, that it's the players who are making it deadly, not the game environment. But there's a lot of willful ignorance going on here and it's generally best to bow out of those discussions.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 11-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
some people prefer dungeon crawling to simply "boss mob pulled to group, group kills mob, celebrate rewards". if you're not one of those people you're not going to understand it now. best to accept that others find it enjoyable even if you don't.

those of us who like crawling have a similar confusion about the entertainment value of your preferred strategy, if that makes you feel any better.
I think I understand it now. I don't really get much entertainment value out of fighting ToV dragons. They don't have the pure tank dunkage of AoW or Tunare and none of the AoEs feel super dangerous. There are a few exceptions, but ToV dragons seem to be less threatening than some other velious monsters. This makes for a rather "disappointing" dragon kill most of the time.

An ntov dungeon crawl (in my mind) is killing a bunch of smaller disappointments to finally reach the big disappointment. By single pulling the named dragon into your camp you drastically reduce the amount you have to be disappointed.

I still think trash monsters are inherently boring, but if I actually have the desire to kill the boss monster clearing the trash becomes gratifying rather than annoying. I guess I'm just a big hater when it comes to ToV and I think the dragons need to hit the gym. Apologies for the poor writing, I am very tired at the time of creating this post.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
they *tried* to do it after the footrace rules. they *succeeded* prior to that.
No, they never got ikitar while trying to clear to him. It's like you're commenting on shit you obviously have no concept of. At least refrain from speaking from a place of misinformation kiddo.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Fire Giant

My guild on live always crawled through NToV. it was part of the adventure. It made the consequences of failure mean the journey was more enjoyable

as a side note... surely if a guild was crawling through and some other guild tried leap frogging and trained mobs all over the first guild that would constitute a deliberate training tactic and result in raid ban for training guild?
Old 11-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I understand it now. I don't really get much entertainment value out of fighting ToV dragons. They don't have the pure tank dunkage of AoW or Tunare and none of the AoEs feel super dangerous. There are a few exceptions, but ToV dragons seem to be less threatening than some other velious monsters. This makes for a rather "disappointing" dragon kill most of the time.

An ntov dungeon crawl (in my mind) is killing a bunch of smaller disappointments to finally reach the big disappointment. By single pulling the named dragon into your camp you drastically reduce the amount you have to be disappointed.

I still think trash monsters are inherently boring, but if I actually have the desire to kill the boss monster clearing the trash becomes gratifying rather than annoying. I guess I'm just a big hater when it comes to ToV and I think the dragons need to hit the gym. Apologies for the poor writing, I am very tired at the time of creating this post.
Well said. The little ones are just never satisfying :c
Old 11-08-2016, 06:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, they never got ikitar while trying to clear to him. It's like you're commenting on shit you obviously have no concept of. At least refrain from speaking from a place of misinformation kiddo.
it's like you're... oh, never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks everyone. Today was a historic day for the blue server. Our alliance was able to fight down through North ToV, clear the hallway before the Dragon and even kill it in the room it spawns in. It was gorgeous. The loot was not so gorgeous, but the morale loot was great indeed.

I received so many tells about how THIS was how they remember Classic EQ.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My guild on live always crawled through NToV. it was part of the adventure. It made the consequences of failure mean the journey was more enjoyable

as a side note... surely if a guild was crawling through and some other guild tried leap frogging and trained mobs all over the first guild that would constitute a deliberate training tactic and result in raid ban for training guild?
Clearing was the way TOV was originally and it was nothing but leapfrogging and pulling dragons after the guild before you killed the guards. In fact the foot race and current rules are a direct result of the shit show TOV was for the first month here.

Quote:
it's like you're... oh, never mind.
They are talking about on of the triplets, and they cothed up into north to get there and do it. Again, perhaps you should refrain from speaking on shit you have no comprehension of. Kiddo
Last edited by Maner; 11-08-2016 at 06:23 PM..
Old 11-08-2016, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are talking about on of the triplets, and they cothed up into north to get there and do it. Again, perhaps you should refrain from speaking on shit you have no comprehension of. Kiddo
indeed, this method is basically identical to pulling dragons to zone in, I can see why you conflate the two
Old 11-08-2016, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
indeed, this method is basically identical to pulling dragons to zone in, I can see why you conflate the two
Except the comment you were trying to disprove specifically said ikitar. Again, you're clearly just some uninformed little joke speaking on topics they clearly don't comprehend. Keep making shit up though, looking great
Closed Thread