Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 12:16 PM
Orc

Default Stay in Halas/Qeynos or move to GFay?

Titles says basically all. I've not had a non-elf on p99, except my Erudite, and Odus is a wasteland, I'd really like to level in BB, but I'm not a soloing class, do groups come around during peak hours or should I suck it up & schelp to GFay?
Old 11-16-2016, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Generally, the Qeynos side of Norrath is underpopulated. Everyone goes to either Freeport/Commonlands or Gfay.

Halas has gnoll fangs and other hand-ins that could help with early leveling, but I recommend leaving.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:13 PM
Aviak

I would stay. Qeynos surrounding area has a great leveling path to 20. You can hunt gnolls and join a group for blackburrow. Gnoll teeth give great experience at the warrior guild turn in. You can kill rabid wolves and bears for their pelts. This is awesome experience even at level 24 (1% per turn in) and you get 2pp per wolf pelt and 4 per bear pelt when you factor in selling the spell.

You can hunt wisps in the process and save the lightstones for trade in to the North Karana gypsy ladies. This can net you 10pp per greater lightstone.

There are also several bandit camps in west karana that can take you to 25 if you desire to stay. After about 18 or so they stop giving much experience, but the sashes that they randomly drop keep giving experience up until about level 25. They also drop bronze weapons, runes, etc. and you get a bronze weapon from each sash turn in, which can prove to be quite a healthy sum of platinum.

I was able to casually level my bard to 25 on this path and save up about 2k platinum to boot.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:33 PM
Orc

Thanks for the advice, I'm playing a rogue, which like, no gear to speak up, so it's sorta rough, I'm okay with it being hard, but... unplayable isn't too awesome. I've just started her up, so I still have plenty of time to stay or leave, I know killing the bard in WL, there was only a hand full of soloable characters there, it sucks. I don't want to be an elf, or level in elf land. :| But, not having any money/gear, barbarian rogue was my best choice with the min/max, it would give me an advantage, I felt.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

gfay seems to be best since the Bonechip and cb belts quest is in kaladim, and its more populated. you have access to other populated zones while you level also like crushbone, unrest, mistmore.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 11-16-2016, 04:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gfay seems to be best since the Bonechip and cb belts quest is in kaladim, and its more populated. you have access to other populated zones while you level also like crushbone, unrest, mistmore.
Important question, because I can't remember, can my big Kim Kardashian Barbarian ass get through Kelethin? I'm happy to sell belts/pads for cash, but I can't remember if ducking will get me through these places.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:50 PM
Skeleton

Server is feeling a bit thin lately. I used to see a group or two in BB on the regular. Everyone flocks to Gfay and to a lesser extent FP area. As much as I hate to say it because the west side is so lucrative, as a rogue, I would probably go where the people are.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Important question, because I can't remember, can my big Kim Kardashian Barbarian ass get through Kelethin? I'm happy to sell belts/pads for cash, but I can't remember if ducking will get me through these places.
yah you will have no problem ducking in kaladim and in kelethin to get around.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 11-16-2016, 05:19 PM
Orc

Thank you! That was one thing holding me back, obviously. Guess I'll bank my "gear" & head for a port in NK.
Old 11-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

Blackburrow is Norrath's greatest dungeon. I'd personally stay for a while and see if you can get groups. If you're struggling then by all means, move on to greener pastures, but I'd at least give it a shot. It's only underpopulated because it's difficult to get there, not because it isn't a fantastic place to level.
Closed Thread