Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

They way i got to 300k+ in a year/two with not much effort and just playing the game

First I farmed seafuries for about 2 months straight avg. 1k per hour 2k if lucky
Second, I got lucky with xalgoz and got staff of dreaded gaze sold 50k
Third, Got lucky again in seb won a RBG sold 65k
Fourth, a friend quit who had a trak tooth in bank, sold that mq for roughly 100k
Fifth, Got super most luckiest moment ever when Emperor in crypt dropped Torpor and rolled a 100!!!!!!! sold 100k
Sixth, ...profit
Last edited by coki; 11-10-2016 at 08:57 PM..
Old 11-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar631 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do people get the platinum to buy items such as Fungi tunic? Is it just saving over a long time or having high end zones on farm?
Economics.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

Dance for Plats as a wood elf female in the EC Tunnel works everytime

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 11-10-2016, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzar631 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do people get the platinum to buy items such as Fungi tunic? Is it just saving over a long time or having high end zones on farm?
It makes a lot more sense once you spend time in Sebilis. Even if you don't get anything big, you'll still pile up gems and tunnel scraps which all slowly add up, and sooner or later you're bound to win something nice - perhaps even a fungi tunic. There are still tons of desirable 5-10kish items that drop pretty frequently too.

Or yeah you can find some undercamped spot and play the RNG slot machine - Grachnist, Droga stuff, Xalgoz, Frontier Mountains named cycles, Hunter/Forager cycles, etc.

Or Seafuries, if you don't value your soul/sanity.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 11-10-2016 at 11:47 PM..
Old 11-16-2016, 10:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've been just trying to focus on leveling and getting money along the way. I've tried holding down a camp but I never get drops.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:09 PM
Kobold

There's nothing worse than reaching a point where your gear is insufficient for the things you want to kill.

If your only path to upgrade effectively is the EC tunnel, your two options for gameplay are:

1. Stop adventuring and EC Tunnelquest for plat and get your upgrade so you can move on to what you want to kill.

2. Begrudgingly level in zones with mobs you can kill with your current gear, so you can make some progress and gain money. This may require research to find zones/spawns/camps that are often overlooked by traditional players. For example: The Najena zoneline in Lavastorm is a great place for someone to solo from LV16-22. Coin and loot sell well, and if you happen to be friendly with Neriak, you can sell faster than in EC (the bricks off dervishes get heavy).
Old 11-17-2016, 04:13 AM
Fire Giant

Try and learn the ancient secret of porting where you can make 500 platinum per port...
Old 11-17-2016, 05:39 AM
Planar Protector

When I first saw the title of this thread.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread