Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 08:53 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Its been so long!

Hey all, figured I would drop in and introduce myself. I started playing Everquest back in 2000 just before Luclin came out. I leveled a rogue to 40 and a druid to 20. I mostly remember EQ in its Planes of Power and Lost Dungeons of Norrath era. I traveled between the common leveling areas on foot a bit before PoK arrived. Running from Rivervale to the commons was a real heart pounder when going through that zone at night as a lowbie. Even though I got my rogue to level 40 I believe I still hardly knew much about the game and my class. I never messed with tradeskilling, and I never used sneak or pickpocketing. Though this was probably due to the fact that I was only 11 years old at the time. Didn't do much of the expansion stuff aside from Paludal Caverns and using PoK for traveling. Most of my experience was with classic and kunark content. The last bit of content I did before I moved on to EQ2 and then WoW was the Lost Dungeons of Norrath stuff.

I actually tried P99 last night. Tried killing some level 1 stuff as fresh druid. Tougher than I remember. Killed a few more mobs and saw that my experience bar hardly moved. Closed the game. I decided that was too slow for me (Even though I had gone through that same grinding process 11 years ago). I downloaded and installed EQlive cause I know that is much faster now. I could even play on my old characters. Let me tell you, coming back to EQlive after 11 years, having not followed the game during that time, is impossible to return to. There have been so many additions & changes to the game that I am literally unable to comprehend what I am suppose to even do or go. Anyone I could find had a mercenary. A lot of the zones I went to were not the zones I knew anymore because they had been completely reworked. But enough of this EQlive rant. After going through that EQlive... experience I found that I very much wanted to get back onto P99 and play, lol.
Closed Thread