Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are tons of Druids and Shamans on this server, so getting a sow for travelling is extremely easy.
You can say this, and I typically have Jboots, sow pots, or play classes that sow themselves... But... Do you know how many people ignore you or are afk when you need a sow?

I am on a lowbie rogue now, and I can type and ask 5-6 times different druids/shamans/rangers for a sow and not get a response.

It's frustrating, and time consuming. It's much more convenient having your own way to run fast, for sure.

Yes, many people will easily sow on request but there also are many that are snide about it and won't.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

You're doing the Lord's work, my son
Old 11-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where did I mention tradeable loot? Go ahead, I'll wait too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish
anyone MQing stuff for profit if they're shitting on leveling players in the process
By saying someone is "shitting on levelling players" here, you're implying you think people are dicks for camping something they don't receive XP for, whether it's an MQ or tradable. Not the case, and not how Everquest works.

Sony tried to stop people from camping lower level items with their trivial loot code in a couple places like Warrens and it was pretty reviled for its stupidity and thus not widely adopted.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

The fundamental difference between farming and camping lot is risk aversion. Camping is not working, it is gambling. You are waiting for the chance to get the item sooner than you could working for it. Farming is working. You are guaranteed acquisition. Of said item following a given investment of your time.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

I call bullshit on him farming rapiers, handing in 325pp, or slaying endless Hastens to ruin other people's turn ins. With that kind of effort he could gear out every toon on an account with Jboots. Plus, I would be highly surprised if staff doesn't intervene and suspend him for griefing the quest if he was doing so.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I call bullshit on him farming rapiers, handing in 325pp, or slaying endless Hastens to ruin other people's turn ins.
Hush, it's his story don't try to ruin it. I hope he is keeping track of how many Hastens he has killed after a couple months I would like to know the exact number. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-22-2016, 03:17 PM
Aviak

It would be an epic waste of time to kill Hasten repeatedly. Good luck to him, though.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I call bullshit on him farming rapiers, handing in 325pp, or slaying endless Hastens to ruin other people's turn ins. With that kind of effort he could gear out every toon on an account with Jboots. Plus, I would be highly surprised if staff doesn't intervene and suspend him for griefing the quest if he was doing so.
hey jizzbag MQing isn't supported by CSR staff, so turning in gold + rapiers is awesome imo

you mad?
Old 11-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The ironic thing is each time he griefs like that, he's losing a considerable chunk of plat which could be put towards purchasing a MQ and being happy.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpedup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey jizzbag MQing isn't supported by CSR staff, so turning in gold + rapiers is awesome imo

you mad?

Poor Bruno is probably crushed by such a genius level post. Gotta be a YD IRL, amirite.
you dumb?