Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 03:02 PM
Kobold

Default 30 Necro questions and looking for the path less travelled

Howdy,

As a reformed Druid I have to say I really enjoy playing my little Neco, but I do have a few questions I hope you guys and girls can help with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

First, All the normal camp site I have seen listed for solo Necros "My preferred method of leveling" seem to be permacamped. I have hit most of them. Treants in SK are always camped. Bard in NK is 50-50 but the guards on the bridge next ot the spire I would like to pick up are also always permacamped. I hit Cynthia in rathe mountains once or twice but there has actually been a waiting list. Common lands guards are also camped. Currently I'm fighting in OT but I had hoped to do something different "Since this is where my druid had done its leveling" I would be open for any reccomendations

2nd, I'm actually having mana issues now that I switched over to 29 spells. I know that's a bit to be expected when you switch to newer spells, but I went from 3 or 4 mobs per mana bar down to 1. "And in a hell level that is just not working"
my spell layout is
1: Dooming Darkness
2: Fear
3: Boil Blood
4: Vampiric Curse
5: Spirit Tap
6: Shock of poison
I have been leading with Darkness then fearing and sending in the pet. Then running through the dots while the mob flees. Spirit tap if I'm Low on health, Poison if i'm not to save the mana.

Am I doing something wrong?

3rd as a Gnome Necro I'm finding it a smidge difficult to bank on a consistent basis. one of the reasons i feel relegated to hunting in OT is because I can at least bank there. I would love a few suggestions.

4 should I bother going to paw and killing/buying the whipe from there for my pet? would it make that much difference?

Thanks a ton for your responses ! Go team evil !

Naumess
30 Necro
Cracked Staff Artisans Guild
Old 11-21-2016, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

At 30, if you want a challenge, kill in the Sythrax skeleton caves in FoB.

They are sick undercons and you can utilize that for gains.(hint: reverse charm).

It will be challenging and unforgiving but like 5x the exp of fear kiting. They green out at 40.

There, I spilled the beans.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:57 PM
Kobold

Thanks Iz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Ill give that a go. It has been a while since i did any charming.

Oh and the 4th section should read "should I bother going to paw and killing/buying the whips from there for my pet? would it make that much difference?" I cant edit my original post for some reason [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-21-2016, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

Around 30-32ish I think it was I plowed around caves outside Najena's room in Najena killing goblins, skeletons, spiders and the like. You'll need to leverage pet tanking/self tanking with life taps and root rotting mix to break some of the goblin camps bit I had tons of fun there. I don't remember my exact level I could been slightly lower.

I may be biased, but I don't recall caring when fear kiting if I did over 50% of HPs via dots to out DPS my pet for full XP. Snare + pet let me kill with minimal med breaks. I found constant killing or 4-5 mobs per ana bar more fun then trying to out DPS mobs and do 1-2 per mana bar. Also can quest reclaim energy clicky - if you want could reclaim pet every kite after he does like 80-90% of the damage and finish off with a nuke for full XP. But then it costs 1 bone chip per mob for killing.

I spent a good amount of time doing centaurs fear kiting in SL too while on list for treant camp, doing there with dru to harmony pull + handle snares was amazing XP as well, or just snare splitting.

Just some random places I remember camping.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:45 AM
Fire Giant

If I recall correctly, I did 24-26 in Najena off of the magician dark elves from the portcullis hallway to the Crystal Room, then the Millers in Qeynos Hills + Sabertooth Grimalkins in Lake of Ill omen by the windmill to 29. With the level 29 spells ready to go, I squeezed 30 off of the same cats and then went to Swamp of No Hope to the Trak Teeth zone entrance.

Two camps of Iksar Exiles were my friends until 34 I think. I loaded up on Magician bags that I kept corpsing between play sessions and made several plat from their dropped weapons.

There are probably better places to hunt but those locations above were pretty relaxing to solo and do other things between spawns.
Old 11-22-2016, 04:50 AM
Fire Giant

At 30 the giants in Frontier mountains open up. Can fear kite em, but i would just join a group if it's there, usually much faster kill rate, more xp and more fun. And you dont have to worry about outdamaging pet. Nice thing about necro is that you can really duo efficiently with *any* other class.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:55 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the advice folks. I managed to plow through to 36 this weekend "Thanks to bonus xp" The only real hang up I had was I wasn't not expecting the lich feature of Call of Bones to be so severe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I think I lich'ed myself to death 3 times while AFK'ing.

Oh well Live and learn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still having alot of fun playing the Necro and I changed my bind over to Great Divide to solve my banking issues. Looking forward to grinding to 45 so I can try some of the more entertaining camps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Naumess
36 Necro
Cracked Staff Artisans Guild
Old 11-29-2016, 04:44 AM
Sarnak

Been enjoying this thread as I have an 18 Necro I'm currently focused on. Good info here. Thanks.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:30 AM
Kobold

Nurga, not insanely difficult but see if you can do a loop of it.

If you like bards, the one in Feerott by the Innothule zone line is one of the least camped and gives the most plat per death.
Closed Thread