Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 08:01 PM
Kobold

There's not much more I can add to this, you've been given some decent advice by some. The only thing I can say is that I admire the way you're approaching the game! Reminds me of back on live...when as a barbarian warrior I spent time killing the barbarians in West Karana and made myself KOS to my home time. Blind to everything...had a blast.

If you ever need anything in-game, send a tell to Tempeh. Even if it's something as simple as a port or a SoW. I'll pop over to Qeynos area sometime soon and try to scope you out!
Old 11-30-2016, 04:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenkoCambria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's not much more I can add to this, you've been given some decent advice by some. The only thing I can say is that I admire the way you're approaching the game! Reminds me of back on live...when as a barbarian warrior I spent time killing the barbarians in West Karana and made myself KOS to my home time. Blind to everything...had a blast.

If you ever need anything in-game, send a tell to Tempeh. Even if it's something as simple as a port or a SoW. I'll pop over to Qeynos area sometime soon and try to scope you out!
Thanks man, will do. That must have been a real shock getting back to Halas...
Old 12-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

What is your paladin's character name? I think I may have something you can use!
Old 12-07-2016, 02:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiadashi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your in Qeynos area your druid and maybe your pally with a partner should be able to handle the bandits in west karana - they drop sashes you can turn in at Q for bronze weapons some small amount of coin and good xp
c'mon we all know no one groups with paladin. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:52 AM
Sarnak

One of the unfortunate and fortunate things about P1999 is that its more efficient to farm a couple of items and buy loot that should be way out of your ability to acquire (Seb, HS, etc etc).

So the question becomes what things can you farm to get that loot...

Some things that may be doable in a couple of levels:

Shralok Packs - http://wiki.project1999.com/Recfek_Shralok
Glowing Black Stone - http://wiki.project1999.com/Pyzjn
Goblin Gazughi Ring - http://wiki.project1999.com/A_Sarnak_courier

Lots of other low level mobs to camp...

My personal choice is Pyzjn, easy to spawn, lots of mobs nearby to level up on in the day time. Have managed to get 3 orbs so far so 6k in pp which is pretty okay for me. Enough to gear me out with basic gear. I updated the wiki with her spawn info so its current if you want to try it.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:34 AM
Kobold

hmm, that bonethunder staff looks interest haha.
honestly though. to the OP.
level 10 is hardly anywhere really.. qeynos is a good starting area too I always thought. since blackburrow is right there. there are a fair number of newbie quests around to do.
just save pp. and yes. collect bonechips / spider silks, anything that you can to make the coin. a good starting wep is really all you should aspire to.
you'll be able to deck yourself out in chainmail/bronze and such relatively quickly just
by looting mobs as you level. lol. I wouldn't stop the exp train for gear just yet.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

As I recall it's usually easier to camp and make platinum to buy your gear instead of camping the specific item(s) you want. But the wiki search is really good at letting you identify gear by class/slot (and sorting on a particular stat) and then you can look at each potential item and see what's cheaper // more cost effective (for example, you'll discover that some items are priced very high relative to other items that have almost as good stats).
Old 12-11-2016, 08:06 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomieGSB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey everyone, newbie here. Well, relative newbie. I've got a 14 Druid and now a 10 Paladin, but there's something that's been bothering me: gear.

I've seen around here that gear maybe doesn't matter so much, but really, I can't be using cloth armor and a Tarnished Two Handed Sword forever now, can I?(And really, I'm a paladin, I'd at least like to look the part.) Merchants don't seem to be much help, selling breastplates for 766 plat, and blacksmithing is apparently a huge gold sink that I just can't afford as a newbie. I've read that selling my bone chips and picking up some banded armor might work, but even ignoring the logistics of getting to East Commonlands, (apparently a trading hub?) using all my money to just buy some gear doesn't seem like great fun, even though I'll do it if offered no other options. How are you supposed to gear yourself in this game‽

Ah well, this has turned out to be a huge rant, but I just wanted to go through my thought process. Any advice on how to gear up for a newbie paladin would be greatly appreciated, even if it's "go buy some armor." [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to save whatever coin you can and prioritize how it's spent. I would get your important spells over gear. At low levels, these include your heals, HP/AC buffs, lulls and possibly undead spells if you will be fighting it. The other spells are secondary and can be purchased once you get a steady footing on your equipment.

For gear, you really do need to learn how to use the East Commonlands. The alternatives are farming equipment from monsters or creating it yourself using tradeskills which others have pointed out. Either way you will eventually need to trade with players whether you're trying to get gear from them or make a profit selling items. You may as well get your feet wet now.

I'd recommend the set of banded mail as a first step in gearing your paladin. A whole set is under 50pp which may sound like a lot now, but it really isn't that bad considering that most monsters will soon be dropping around 1pp per kill. Just save your cash!

You will also need weapons and a shield. There are cheap items which will occasionally sell in the tunnel that are far superior to your tarnished 2 handed sword so keep your eyes open.

You may also find people that are generous enough to give items away to new or low level players for free. This most commonly happens in the East Commonlands, so keep a lookout for that.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by kebas239; 12-11-2016 at 08:13 AM..
Old 12-11-2016, 09:39 AM
Aviak

If your still in qeynos venture into the sewers and you can kill the injured eat for a +5 hp earring and the undead knight for a +5 ring if you get 2 of each that is an additional 20 hp may not sound like much but for a super easy camp and a little bit of your time it is a free hp increase
Old 12-11-2016, 11:00 AM
Kobold

go to RiverVale, to the wall...there is usually someone killing guards and they normally leave the wooden shields which sell to vendor for 1p4g each...thats 7p per round...in an hour you can have about 50p. Easy money, and then buy bronze armor in West Commonlands....this is your best and only route for most gear unless you wait for drops in HighHoldKeep/Unrest etc for the same pieces of bronze gear you will be buying
Closed Thread