Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 08:57 PM
Sarnak

peacebringer and IFS beat dual sos and sos/ac to about level 45, then the duals start winnning. But you still have the ripsoste benifits from the 2 handers and not worrying about damage shields.

Also, if you are tanking in the early levels, 2 handers are better initial agro for those really fast fights (because agro counts even if you miss). And you even can take a single swing at multiple mobs and grab some decent agro to keep em off healers.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...nk+spreadsheet

This is a definitive DPS calculator (not including procs) until the 2hander revamp.

Oh and you can joust better with 2handers, especially with IFS (the superior weapon). This is really great for duoing with a pet class. It takes a little practice, but you can jump in between mob swings and peg mobs without getting hit. Or if you have root nets, you can joust your way to otherwise impossible solo wins.
Last edited by Lemonhead; 12-09-2016 at 09:03 PM..
Old 12-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
peacebringer and IFS beat dual sos and sos/ac to about level 45, then the duals start winnning. But you still have the ripsoste benifits from the 2 handers and not worrying about damage shields.

Also, if you are tanking in the early levels, 2 handers are better initial agro for those really fast fights (because agro counts even if you miss). And you even can take a single swing at multiple mobs and grab some decent agro to keep em off healers.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...nk+spreadsheet

This is a definitive DPS calculator (not including procs) until the 2hander revamp.

Oh and you can joust better with 2handers, especially with IFS (the superior weapon). This is really great for duoing with a pet class. It takes a little practice, but you can jump in between mob swings and peg mobs without getting hit. Or if you have root nets, you can joust your way to otherwise impossible solo wins.
I've heard that the ifs is superior to the PB but even with my wu's stick, sometimes in groups I only get a few swings in (with fbss) before the mob dies. It seems to me the pb would be superior for groups because of the lower delay, am I wrong?
Old 12-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I literally understood maybe 1/3rd of what you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev
The epic fist + scepter of mastery and epic fist+ stave of shielding combos are both more damage than the tranquil staff starting at 55+

Wurmscale Fistwraps + Fist of Lightning (2nd tier NTOV fists) are more damage than Abashi's Rod of Disempowerment (BIS 2HB) currently.

Once the October 2001 patch gives monks triple attack (which only applies to the primary, and thus favors 2H) and increases the 2H damage bonus this will all change and only players with absolute top tier 1H (= Fist of Nature/Gharn's Rock of Smashing/Baton of Flame) will keep using them over the Bo Staff of Trorsmang
Does this help?

If I were leveling a new monk, my priority would be:

1. Resist gear
2. Epic
3. Fungi
4. Cloak of Flames / 41% haste belt from Sky
5. Tranquil Staff

I think an unresistable spinstun is worth 2 dps even at L60, but it's not critical.

Once the October 2001 patch comes out, the Tranquil Staff should be more raw damage than double Sky fists.
Last edited by Raev; 12-10-2016 at 03:14 PM..
Old 12-12-2016, 12:01 AM
Orc

Simple: 2HB animations look stupid (imo).
Old 12-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

vs a NTOV dragon with Avatar:

Before:
Dragonrib Club+Wu's Fist of Mastery: 68.14
Tranquil Staff: 58.54

After:
Dragonrib Club+Wu's Fist of Mastery: 78.68
Tranquil Staff: 77.86

(numbers are not really accurate to two decimal places ofc)
Old 12-12-2016, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

This is not a parse, it's a calculation. I've found it to be a pretty good model, but it's up to you whether you believe it.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Out of interest, surely TStaff twisted with Epic Fists is the highest DPS?
Old 12-15-2016, 07:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does this help?

If I were leveling a new monk, my priority would be:

1. Resist gear
2. Epic
3. Fungi
4. Cloak of Flames / 41% haste belt from Sky
5. Tranquil Staff
Why TStaff so high? I think some monks focus on expensive items like Fingerbone Hoop, Cloak of Confusion, Dragon Hero Bracer before they might go for a Tstaff. Are you just sayin Tstaff now b/c of how great it will be with October patch buffs or just regardless b/c of the value of 2Hander vs. damage shields or stunning or jousting or whatever??
Last edited by mefdinkins; 12-15-2016 at 07:13 AM..
Old 12-15-2016, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

I'd say all of the above.

For starters the Tranquil Staff gives you a bit of flexibility in terms of defense vs. offense. If your cleric is constantly full mana, then by all means go epic fist / sos for a few extra DPS. But if not, getting 2 unresistable spinstuns every minute is pretty awesome. You can interrupt casters, stop runners, and just take a bit less melee damage.

I prefer 2HB when tanking slowed mobs also, as ripostes when punching are like 15-20% of your total damage (when unslowed, only a few percent).

It also gives you the potential to play autism quest when you really need that extra 10 dps (tstaff will not beat NTOV weapons, but the upgraded Bo Staff of Trorsmang is I think a bit better because you can time the fist much better).

It's nice to not have to turn off auto attack when damage shields are up.

And it's only 30k. I'd definitely take a Tranquil Staff + BD/Bracer over Epic+FBH+DHB.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Do you notice a difference in dps on super high ac mobs in kael vs low ac kunark mobs? Do they both average out on dps or does the fast epic do more? I've tried using 2hb in kael and it's depressing when your normal 200 hits are only doing 80 damage.