Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play EQ for the social aspect and comradery. If i played on Red id see like maybe 200 people online at prime time? Maybe?

Of these 200 ive no doubt some will be twinks, some will be afk, some will be farming something somewhere. Wheres the social aspect? Other than increased xp(lets be honest 1-60 is just the beginning) what benefit does red offer? I know the whole no queues etc, but ive heard more bad things about red than blue, why waste my time?
You don't afk on red, you're better off camping to character select til you get back (unless you have a good pet and want to risk it).

Plenty of social stuff goes on, can't speak for Apex but Thunderdome is a good set of people... no different to anyone who plays on blue.

Grouping with twinks is great, there's NO SHAME IN BRONZE ARMOR ON RED... whereas its rare to see anyone leveling in a set of bronze these days on blue.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:52 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, basically...pvp is horrible in eq...and it rarely happens due to low pop...but let's play on a pvp server?
First of all, Everquest is and always will be a PVE game. Playing on the pvp server simply adds a dynamic to this game that most of us who play there enjoy. PVE in the context of PVP makes Everquest more complex and has the potential to amplify the social aspects that we all enjoy. Your friends will be sweeter and enemies more bitter.

PVP in EQ is not always horrible. It can be very fun, especially in well coordinated/matched mass pvp. It has the potential to get your heart racing like nothing else in this game can.

Most of the people who have played on red and don't anymore complain about population issues and the same reason they dont play ends up worsening the problem. A smaller part of the problem is people getting griefed off the server because they don't know how to survive and build up. Survival on red requires a different type of vigilance that isnt needed at all on blue. Making friends and sticking with them is essential. We currently have more than one active guild going. There's a fresh newbie guild picking up (Disposable Heroes). There are plenty of options beyond Apex. And believe it or not we are NOT uncontested.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Relaunching my "red lessons" gif series... please enjoy them responsibly.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:36 PM
Aviak

This is actually a pretty accurate thread. I honestly prefer red to blue simply due to the population... It's really nice to get a group going and have free range of a zone vs. being in a queue for a group that's miles long. You do deal with the occasional ganks and douchers, but in reality you get to experience a side of the game that you simply don't get in an over crowded server.

Highly recommend making the switch to Red. May be more social than blue simply because you'll see the same folks more often than not.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciver [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 questions:

You can server transfer here?
Is it really ok to play both servers at the same time? Doesn't violate rules?
You can't server xfer to my knowledge..... but you CAN play both at once. THat is allowed and encouraged.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:37 AM
Aviak

They should allow boxing on this server only. Pop would bump up considerably.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:11 AM
Fire Giant

Ded99
Old 01-08-2017, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike13bc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is actually a pretty accurate thread. I honestly prefer red to blue simply due to the population... It's really nice to get a group going and have free range of a zone vs. being in a queue for a group that's miles long. You do deal with the occasional ganks and douchers, but in reality you get to experience a side of the game that you simply don't get in an over crowded server.

Highly recommend making the switch to Red. May be more social than blue simply because you'll see the same folks more often than not.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Red will always suck at this point and the lure of free loot is actually the root of the problem. On blue, when you have all that cool loot you can park your Tesla in the EC tunnel and get the ooo's and ahhh's and you get that feeling of cool accomplishment that so many of us chase in our day to day lives with the cars we drive, clothes we wear, etc. On red everyone is driving the same luxury car as you, lives in a 7 BR house and has the same designer clothes as you. Any feeling of accomplishment is fleeting as you have no one to show off your cool pixels to.

Since you don't actually need any of this loot to kill mobs, and there are almost no other players who aren't guilded with you to use them on in PvP, you burn out quickly and quit after experiencing a couple months of uncontested raiding. It's the same pattern in most MMO's nowadays with the difference being they have new content to bring people back every several months. Only someone with severe mental illness will raid the exact same mobs uncontested for years on end.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only someone with severe mental illness will raid the exact same mobs uncontested for years on end.
HEY NOW! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread