Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 12:55 AM
Kobold

Some ideas to get you started in terms of places that a reasonably high level person could solo for reasonable cash:

Killing things in SolA or Permafrost and selling the ore, gems, fine steel, etc.
Killing guards in many cities.
Seafuries in OOT
Gazughi Ring
Bracer of the Hidden
Earring of Essence
Fishbone Earring
Lots of camps in LGuk

Some places to group:

Efreeti
Sebilis
HS
Velk's
Siren's Grotto
Spells in Skyfire
Higher level spells from Cliff Golems in OT
Lots of stuff from dragons in Western Wastes
Kael (selling MQs of armor drops from the arena)

I haven't timed all of those out, so I don't know how much you should expect to get at any of them, but I have seen people doing each of those for cash. It should be reasonable at any of them, and it can be good to move around for more diversity.

There's also the option of doing ports or, in the long run, doing tradeskills.

I wrote a Monk guide: Meviin's Monk Mechanics
I wrote a guide on purple links in incoming messages:
Meviin's Macros: Purple Links When Pulling

Meviin - 60 Monk (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Laylot - 21 Necromancer (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Kozev - 12 Enchanter (High Elf) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Old 01-29-2017, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

I started iksar SK selling bonechips in FoB -- and now i have an approximate value of 2,500,000.-3,000,000. Plat

The key to plat farm is to combine so that whatever you do in the game will bring you plat.
Questing? Well clear some plat named PH:s while questing!

Buying something in EC? Well sell lots of crap for 30% overprice while you are looking to buy your item preferably for 30% underprice

Thats Schnickusaurus style!
Old 01-29-2017, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Note that I never said "buy torpor" I said obtain.
wait. you don't have to buy it? wtf.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Get to 60 and the solo/duo cash camps. Otherwise play a class that can power level or provide a service like tracking a rare mob. Spending time to farm platinum when you could be leveling is futile because you will be able to earn exponentially more platinum doing things at level 60 for platinum than things you would be doing leveling up.

Also, find a service that no one else or very few other people are offering. Humbly provide that service better than anyone else and never cheat anyone. You'll make a lot of money, have a good reputation, and get referrals.

When I was power leveling and being respectful to other regular leveling players in the process, I could make anywhere from 2K-5.5K an hour. I think I made somewhere between 1.5-2 million doing it over a few years.

Things like porting for money might give you some starter cash, but it's going to take a long time to actually earn enough to buy worthwhile items like a fungi or cloak of flames. The only mindless, easy money camp I was ever willing to do for some quick spending cash was seafuries because I thought it was fun to try things like charming the dinosaur or dwarf merchant and watch them rip through mobs when given haste and weapons.

Eventually, you can invest in items like puppet strings/locket that will always be needed for OT hammers/binds. It may take awhile to recoup investment, but it's a constant easy source of cash flow. The items are way over powered and fun to have regardless.

There's also always boring resales on high end items where you can probably skim some platinum off the top, but the always sounded boring to me.

Platinum in Velious is interesting to me because most Velious droppables are so much worse compared to no-drop raid items versus Kunark era. I feel platinum isn't as useful in Velious. I guess you can coordinate loot rights purchases, but those are a pain.

Good luck, friend.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Most of the people who have money on p99 didn't do anything special to get it. Most of us have just been playing here for YEARS slowly accumulating.

There are some camps that are better than others and some items that offer the best flips if you tunnelquest, but over all its just about actually playing the game...ALOT.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of the people who have money on p99 didn't do anything special to get it. Most of us have just been playing here for YEARS slowly accumulating.

There are some camps that are better than others and some items that offer the best flips if you tunnelquest, but over all its just about actually playing the game...ALOT.
This. There isn't actually any secrets in this game. Like someone else said 300 to 500p an hour is pretty reasonable expectation if you are 50+ on a decent farming class.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

I've seen people in a guild make more plat in 5 minutes from a raid than most of the p99 players make in a year+
talking 100k-200k+ from 1 item. *rolls eyes*

Just sayin.

There are also certain mobs like guardian wurms in skyfire mountains that are literally slot machines for getting rich. You can win big if you're luck with the rng.
Find a good tank, cleric and enchanter. Then add any other dps and you can clean up.
Last edited by Baler; 01-29-2017 at 05:43 PM..
Old 01-29-2017, 06:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know there must be like 10 of these posted a day, but I have tried to search the forum for a decent/good plat farming guide and I am not able to find one.

If someone can give me a forum link to one that's on here that i've obviously missed that would be great!

Thank you in advance,

Confused Shaman in distress

Munhk
Depends on where you are at in the game. If starting off i go strait for Hadden, pyzjin and sarnak couriers. Gear out on them.

I prefer drops I can sell in the tunnel for a decent chunk rather than farming mobs that drop gems, weaps, etc to vendor. I'd rather watch netflix, lift, do stuff around the house. Sitting at hadden for hours is better than than mowing down a bunch of trivial shit.

Higher level cash comes easier like others have mentioned.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

As someone who has spent a retarded amount of time in LoIO..

sarnak courier is not a valid plat per hour camp.

ONLY CAMP sarnak couriers IF YOU NEED THE FUCKING RING OR BUY IT.
You're wasting your time if you farm for this for plat because the drop rate is not good.

And ofc there is the R N G chance you'll get it first kill. However I know people who've farmed for it for 8+ hours for 3-4 days straight and didn't get it.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who has spent a retarded amount of time in LoIO..

sarnak courier is not a valid plat per hour camp.

ONLY CAMP sarnak couriers IF YOU NEED THE FUCKING RING OR BUY IT.
You're wasting your time if you farm for this for plat because the drop rate is not good.

And ofc there is the R N G chance you'll get it first kill. However I know people who've farmed for it for 8+ hours for 3-4 days straight and didn't get it.
Nah not plat per hour. Just for someone to get some starter gear while getting xp on PH's. The plat from that would be great for my 18 monk thats there getting xp wearing all cloth. That's why my suggestions where for new people starting out here.
Last edited by Maciver; 01-29-2017 at 07:26 PM..
Closed Thread