Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 04:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Sarnak Hatchlings in loio

it appears the spawn for the sarnak hatchlings is extremely low. lots of gobbys and lots of tigers lots of skellies but so far in 2 hours of hunting them and clearing every mob i could see in the noob area i found 2 hatchlings. They are used for the necromancer skull cap quests but for a noob quest requireing you to have 8 brains...i think a few more need to be spawning. They are warring factions with gobbys but there are way to many gobbys spawning imo.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=97
Old 01-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

i wanted to update this post it seems the sarnak hatchling is just a rare spawn but the drop rate for the brains and heads compared to the tapestries is off...I request you look at the drop rates as it seems quite odd that the tapestries drop about 75% of the time compared to the heads/brains maybe 10%. I would think the heads and brains would be more common then the tapestries.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:48 AM
Banned

There was always more goblins then hatchlings. They were not rare , but def a pain to get all those brains. I remember it could take at least 45 minutes to get all the brains. This was due to the low # of spawn and outcome of who had the brains or not. Whether or not this is working as intended I will have to test out first before I can comment.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Project Manager

Recently increased the spawn of hatchlings.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Aviak

The only reference (and anecdotal) that I could get was from Zam, but I believe the drop rate for "Sarnak Hatchling Brains" may be off.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=97

The brains are supposed to be more common, as per the comments. Many report getting 50 - 75% drop rate. I killed 30-40 hatchlings tonight and only received 1 brain drop plus one more someone had left on a corpse.

I already have received the pieces for skull cap #2 5 times over, and I believe those two tapestries are supposed to be the rares off the sarnak hatchlings.

-Crover/Yolo
Old 03-27-2011, 01:11 AM
Developer

Fixed, pending update.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:09 PM
Large Bat

Was this ever actually fixed. The brains are still very very uncommon. Instead what I seem to get quite often (70% or higher that I can tell) are the Sarnak Whelp Heads. The combination of low spawns plus the fact that goblins will kill them (one touch seems to erase all player involvement and the corpse disappears upon death) makes this seem broken.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Project Manager

The drop rate is correct.

Decreased the spawn time of the entry level mobs and phs to be more in line with live.
Closed Thread