Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

yikes 60 plat is typical tip for a lvl 60 player to be ported?

thats alot of plat to constantly carry around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2017, 12:12 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

thats alot of plat to constantly carry around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Carry a stack of peridots on you at all times. At 10pp each (or close) they are good for tips. Also handy for making your cleric happy to cast symbol on you.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yup I agree - and if you don't magically know to pay this amount, you risk that member of DAP putting you on ignore.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainswjr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Carry a stack of peridots on you at all times. At 10pp each (or close) they are good for tips. Also handy for making your cleric happy to cast symbol on you.
so 1 stack only gives you around 3 ports - that is insanely expensive for a product that is widely avail

I am a druid main here and back in the days of global /ooc, I would typically only get off my butt to port people very quickly when 50+ plat was offered. If 70+ was offered ( which was rare and typically something urgent ), I would leave camps to go get. Saying that is the norm now when the service is more widespread and easier to acquire than ever before seems like the business model is going in the opposite direction for the consumer.

I get the fact that higher levels 'should have more wealth thus should pay more' but my point is that typically people wont carry that kind of cash around even in peridot form. My monk carries maybe 2 stacks of dots for ports but if I played him more frequently these current expected porting prices would be hard to keep up the supply when bag space is so valuable.

My cleric might carry 100 plat on him and I try to make that last 3-4 ports but I guess I have been serial under tipping [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I am sorry DaP workers
Last edited by Erati; 01-30-2017 at 12:29 PM..
Old 01-30-2017, 12:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really think you guys should tell people about the recommended donation of 1pp per level, because obviously new players don't know that unless they are told.
1pp per level seems too steep of a "recommended donation" in the EQ economy. At lvl 10, you're lucky if you've even made 10 plat in your character's lifetime. 1/2 plat per level seems more congruent with the EQ economy IMO. At earlier levels, anyway. I haven't been over lvl 20 in 15+ years.

I've had pretty good luck finding ports by just saying up front I'm a broke newbie that can only afford to donate ~5pp. Most of my porters turn down the money.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeStop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1pp per level seems too steep of a "recommended donation" in the EQ economy. At lvl 10, you're lucky if you've even made 10 plat in your character's lifetime. 1/2 plat per level seems more congruent with the EQ economy IMO. At earlier levels, anyway. I haven't been over lvl 20 in 15+ years.

I've had pretty good luck finding ports by just saying up front I'm a broke newbie that can only afford to donate ~5pp. Most of my porters have turned it down.
I totally agree, but that is what DAP "unofficially" recommends
Old 01-30-2017, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup I agree - and if you don't magically know to pay this amount, you risk that member of DAP putting you on ignore.
We have no set standards. People pay what they can. Do we expect more from a seasoned player yes but do we require it no.

Most of the time we will port someone and maybe only see them a few times a week.

Regular customers more often and they know what they are getting. Fast and quick service NQA.

For the record we don't preach discrimination if you have ever been in the guild while I have been around then you would know my rules and how I expect people to operate.

The guild is massive. I am pretty sure maybe only 1/2 of what we have recorded is actually our numbers. So one or two out of the 700+ number we most likely have is pretty good in my book.

You have more chance of getting ignored by complaining or coming off as an ass than you do under paying.

if anyone has any questions. You know how to find me.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 01-30-2017, 01:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthalas Winterheart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tupakk is a class act. Take what he says for gold. I've been in another guild with the guy and never once had an issue.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Entitled Warcraft refugee, check
Namedropping, check
Wall of text, check
First post, check

Dial a Port is a service guild, not a handout guild. And for what it is worth if you sent any random druid a tell and offered them the same amount of plat you will get the same if not worse replies.

You did not have enough for the time investment you requested, simple as that. Now stop throwing a temper tantrum on 7+ year old forums that see maybe 1/10th of the traffic the server does.
You're an idiot. This is a video game. This isnt real life fucking marketing strategy. There are PLENTY of druids and wizards alike that will port for 5pp, because we arent self obsessed idiots.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Can we move this thread to R&F? Because its quickly turning into a shitshow.
Closed Thread