Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

I think the PvP on eq with item loot combined with more challenging world environment offers a unique experience other current games do not.

Blue experience isn't quite as novel. The fact that many players never played PvP is reason for them to come over and see eq in a new light. Game is no longer just about mana and hp...you get to look at the game completely differently.

So there is no reason red game wouldn't bring decent numbers but it's a fairly neglected sesspool right now. Transfer toons off and roll it back to classic and add item loot. Then everyone has reason to play.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Kobold

How dramatic? Back to the numbers it had pre exp boost? The issue now is that the server has reached the end of its time. No progression past velious, and you've got your neck beards who get off by ruining the experience for new players. At this point the only way to make it is to eat enough dick or buy enough rmt shit to survive.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

I think the PvP on eq with item loot combined with more challenging world environment offers a unique experience other current games do not.

Blue experience isn't quite as novel. The fact that many players never played PvP is reason for them to come over and see eq in a new light. Game is no longer just about mana and hp...you get to look at the game completely differently.

So there is no reason red game wouldn't bring decent numbers but it's a fairly neglected sesspool right now. Transfer toons off and roll it back to classic and add item loot. Then everyone has reason to play.

If it was classic this would happen:

People would play to get out of stagnant velious era where all cool old world zones are obsolete.

I would log on and slowly level up a wizard to level 12 probably take me a month at 1hr a week.

I would continue to log on on hour a week to try and blast people and steal their robes.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafakka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How dramatic? Back to the numbers it had pre exp boost? The issue now is that the server has reached the end of its time. No progression past velious, and you've got your neck beards who get off by ruining the experience for new players. At this point the only way to make it is to eat enough dick or buy enough rmt shit to survive.

My assertion, as it is every time I do my biannual two day return to the forums is that while rogean and company have a hard lined non wipe policy red server history is fraught with so many issues one can almost come to the conclusion that a deliberate effort to harm server growth and player retention and thus may warrent revisiting a server wipe/reboot if a compelling argument could be made.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

The fundraiser seemed like a good idea because the developers seem to have decided that the nuclear option (wipe) is out of the question,

whenever I check the forum every other month everyone was begging for a wipe-it-clean, since late 2015

the rest of the convo on here is just 2 trannys and everyone else saying drugs and/or didnt read
Old 03-09-2017, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Who'd be the beneficiary of the fundraiser?
Old 03-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafakka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who'd be the beneficiary of the fundraiser?
P99
Old 03-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Kobold

So what exactly is the goal? Give them three hundred dollars to stay a new server?
Old 03-09-2017, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
So what exactly is the goal? Give them three hundred dollars to stay a new server?
Let the officials at p99 set up a fundraiser campaign tied to a new r99 Server and the community donates to the project once the links is cross posted to the forum

there could be around 3000 to 4000 USD on the table

(poll indicates around 2k USD after 1.5days already)

I suggest, we shouldnt make things complicated with demands / conditions: make item loot, teams, deities, this or that. Just give us a fresh Server and reset time lime. Not spam them and make noise, Keep it sober & signifcant in the communication.
Last edited by VZ_Xanit K'ven; 03-09-2017 at 01:09 PM..
Old 03-09-2017, 01:17 PM
Kobold

Fair. I'd reach out to nilbog or rogean first before trying to strong arm a revolution to see if it's something they'd be interested in though
Closed Thread