Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

My biggest advice is just to be patient when selling. People aren't always buying bone chips or spider silks, but when they do they tend to buy everything you have, so don't start lowering the price just to sell.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so general doesnt include red server? i thought it was general as in everyone who plays p99.
I guess it's a little ambiguous, but there is a "PvP Community" section and no "Non-PvP Section", so it seems like "General" is "Non-PvP".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may not have noticed, but this thread is in the "General Community", not the "PvP Community".

Assuming that you're only talking about the server the forum is for isn't a "blind assumption", it's basic logic.
Starting zone is for Red and blue. Starting zone... not Red Starting Zone or blue starting zone. If you'll look at past posts, people come here to post Red static group invites and whatnot as well as blue.

Basic Logic: you failed.

gen·er·al
ˈjen(ə)rəl/
adjective
affecting or concerning all or most people, places, or things; widespread.

There's a General BETA Discussion section below, I think that's where you should post.
Last edited by B4EQWASCOOL; 03-13-2017 at 04:24 PM..
Old 03-13-2017, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Most, of course, being the operative word here. Meaning not red because no one else besides you cares about red.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starting zone is for Red and blue. Starting zone... not Red Starting Zone or blue starting zone. If you'll look at past posts, people come here to post Red static group invites and whatnot as well as blue.

Basic Logic: you failed.

gen·er·al
ˈjen(ə)rəl/
adjective
affecting or concerning all or most people, places, or things; widespread.

There's a General BETA Discussion section below, I think that's where you should post.
There where are the Blue/Non-PvP forums, if the General forums aren't Blue?

Or do we just not have any forums for the server everyone plays on?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-13-2017 at 05:05 PM..
Old 03-13-2017, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
May you bang many trannnies on accident using this logic.
And whatever this forum is, A) it most certainly isn't red, and B) it's the Starting Zone, so please keep kind of that garbage out of it.

Last edited by loramin; 03-13-2017 at 05:13 PM..
Old 03-13-2017, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicsferd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think your better option would be to farm the goblin gazughi ring, I sold it for 7.5k and that item sells like hot cakes!
Yea, the ring will sell if you can get it to drop. I've never farmed it but read enough threads of people farming the area for days with no drops.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:53 PM
Fire Giant

Yup, the goblin ring is insanely tedious. The main problem is you have to constantly be active and keep area clear to not only get the couriers to pop, but also to kill them before the goblins do. Couriers are around level 16 and the local goblins are 21-25 or so, including fairly tough casters.

It is doable for sure, but I wouldn't count on the camp as a decent source of income unless you have lots of time and nothing better to do with it... I was lucky and got one for myself on third courier in about 2 hours. Classes with good AE spells can make quicker work of it, but the effort is still rather high for such a rare drop off a rare-ish spawn.

Most folks seem to camp for several hours a day for many days and never see one. RNG...
Old 03-13-2017, 07:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomiseduser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't play on red so i cannot comment too much, but if red has a similar player economy then the guide would work as well.

I didn't include higher value items as they usually require a lot more luck than farming the common drop items, which in my personal experience, provides a better stable return than trying to farm for a particular item. (I have really poor luck with camps)

Also, there isn't any items which are in Kunark, etc, because I mostly play on the main continents.

Please feel free to suggest any other things players can do to get money [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Note: There is a fantastic spiderling silk camp in Field of Bone. Go to the point marked C and you will know why.

Also, Kurn's Tower in the same zone is probly one of the best place for bone chips. When i levelled my necro there I had enough bone chips to last me forever.
An alternative for bone chips is Najena as the beginning area of the zone is filled with skeletons. But please be at least level 10 before you go there.
Same I don't play on red, so I figured since this was in the general community I figured this would be dealing with the pve (blue) server and not the PVP (red) server.

I am a necro and I did kurns from 14-20 and with those levels I've got a crap ton of bonechips, so much so when I was lower I even sold some to get some easy, early plat to spend on spells.

I think all the bonechips that I farmed out of Kurns maybe lasted till I was 40+ then I had to re-farm them or buy them.

Also what helped as well when I was on my quest to farm the Goblin Gazughi Ring; which, I finally got this past friday - I got like 4-5 stacks of bonechips off of the greater scalebones, skeletons, icebones, warbones, etc that were in the way of my PHs or that I aggroed while doing that camp.

I finally managed to sell my bracer finally and I sold it for 6.5k, but I think that can be kind of reasonable since from personal experience the bracer seems a lot easier to get then the Goblin Gazughi Ring - I think the one of main reasons why the bracer camp is a lot easier the ring camp is it can be easier to spawn the legionnaire more so than the courier.

Normally when I did the courier camp I would (if lucky) get a courier every 30mins and this is during the day time in-game, at night I would be lucky to get a courier at all - but at legionanaire camp I would get maybe 3 or so for the same amount so because of that the chances for a bracer to drop are increased, and you don't have the issues where a night time you get more skeletons then any other mob spawning.

But anyways a lot of these rare items that are worth this much can be long to camp and that is a reason why they are 6K+ items and so maybe the payoff would be better to go somewhere else where you get a steady cash flow instead of just hoping and praying that you get lucky and get that 6k+ item.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There where are the Blue/Non-PvP forums, if the General forums aren't Blue?

Or do we just not have any forums for the server everyone plays on?
When you graduate from grade school and can form a coherent sentence, we will resume this conversation.
Closed Thread