Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subidoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter, cleric and rogue are loved by all in groups. The only one out of those three that can solo anytime they want would be the ench, a shaman is a versatile class they get slow, haste, a pet at mid lvls, they heal and at lower levels can solo tank with their slows.
Shaman sounds intriguing. Are they difficult to play?
Old 04-12-2017, 09:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro is very underrated in groups
I don't really like Iksars much and everybody says if you're going necro and not going iksar it's not worth it. Any thoughts on that?
Old 04-12-2017, 09:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard - a wizard's best group attribute is porting. You can form a pick up group relatively quickly and go to remote locations. A lot of group dependent classes like Warriors and Rogue will love you even though you are a leech on their experience once you get to where you are going. They will be happy to fighting and not sitting LFG, and a lot are super happy to be going somewhere remote and under utilized.

Magician - good soloer and good group. Great class for casual players.

Ranger - If you like outdoor zones, then they are a great choice. I love having a Ranger as a puller in outdoor zones. If they are top notch, they will have the next mob to the group the moment the previous mob drops. If not, they can take a hit or two, root it, snare it. Obviously tracking is very handy depending on what your group is capable of taking down (reds, yellows, white, or only blues).

Sounds like you like damage, so my advice on other classes would be Monk, Necro. Both can solo, both will serve as DPS in a group.
Thanks for the breakdowns of the three classes. Looks like Magician and Ranger are more my speed. You're right, I like damage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2017, 09:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage, shaman, necro, enchanter are all very effective group members as well as soloists.
Hmm mage and shaman keep coming up. Any idea at what level you get a good feel for the classes? Perhaps I should make one of each and see how it goes?
Old 04-12-2017, 09:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by serjordanmormont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really like Iksars much and everybody says if you're going necro and not going iksar it's not worth it. Any thoughts on that?

I played a DE Necro extensively on live, and an Iksar here. Honestly the 20% xp penalty is a real drag. Play what you want to play. Gnomes have great stats too.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by serjordanmormont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm mage and shaman keep coming up. Any idea at what level you get a good feel for the classes? Perhaps I should make one of each and see how it goes?
Downside to Shaman is it really does take 34 levels to unlock their potential and really get a feel for what it's like. Tbh they kind aren't all that great at lower levels.

Mage you can basically tell what the class will be like starting at level 4.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Fire Giant

Shaman is becoming pretty powerfull late game but in order get all out of it you need a crap load of money. Mages are pretty easy, but the mage epic is very hard to get. It seems to be a really great epic though.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't really like Iksars much and everybody says if
you're going necro and not going iksar it's not worth it. Any thoughts on that?
Non Iksar Necros
Level faster
Some races allow for easier travel (gnome and human)

Iksar Necros
Slightly less downtime

Unless you are hardcore min maxer, you are just splitting hairs. The health lost from the lich line of spells can be easily made up with a single lifetap. Or you could get regen buff/potions and be better than Iksar since the regen works while standing.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Played both to level 20. While I enjoy both, Magician is WAY easier 1-20 in my experience. I like the wide variety of spells a Shaman has.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Non Iksar Necros
Level faster
Some races allow for easier travel (gnome and human)

Iksar Necros
Slightly less downtime

Unless you are hardcore min maxer, you are just splitting hairs. The health lost from the lich line of spells can be easily made up with a single lifetap. Or you could get regen buff/potions and be better than Iksar since the regen works while standing.
I made an Iksar Necro myself when I first joined like 2 and a half months ago and I mainly did that since I wasn't a necro or iksar on live before.

I am now 55 and that innate regen is a godsend, since I noticed myself I can kill a good 2 mobs before I need to use my leach spell on the third to regain my health back from what was lost.

Also and because of the less need for using lifetaps to get my health back as an iksar it can save me mana for a dot or something and what even works wonders is as an iksar getting a regen buff to stack with my iksar regen.

I can't wait till im 56 since then I will only lose like 4hp a tick in lich mode while sitting.

Also like others have stated a necro from what I noticed isn't that priority on groups (it is good for end game though, because of our twitching abilities, or in I guess groups where we can charm undead?) so a necro is mainly a solo class but maybe sometimes you can get in groups?

I think like you I am maybe thinking of when I make an alt myself that I will chose a class that might be more group reliant, but then possibly can solo on the side?

Edit: also for me the xp penalty didn't really factor that much into it I guess, and so far for playing less then 3 months on here and I think I am doing good to have a 55 already, and I never gotten this high before so I figure I am doing pretty good.
Last edited by Panicsferd; 04-12-2017 at 03:31 PM..
Closed Thread