Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-29-2017, 09:04 AM
Orc

Default Necro Level 12 Pet: Convoke Shadow

This spell is broken.

I have read this thread...

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=115284

and all of the downplaying of the issue as if it is not an issue. But here are the facts.

Yes, level 12 pet is the first to summon only blue pets at level.

e.g., level 8 spell summons level 7-9 pet (can tell by con if you get max pet). similarly, level 16 will summon a pet of level 12-16 (can tell by con at level 16 ifyou have max pet).

And, as you level up tothe next pet level, when con is no longer effective, you use the pet's max damage as an indicator (e.g., 59 spectre max hit is 61). Most necros know these things.

But, Level 12 (Convoke Shadow) is broken. It only summons ONE level of pet which max hits for a whopping 11. A few things wrong about this...

ONE, the level 8 max pet can hit for 12. that's right... a lower level pet spell makes a more powerful pet. And,...

TWO, all other pet spells summon a random range of pets (ala, the 8 and 16 examples, above). This spell (after 30 or so casts) only summons ONE level of pet.. and, lastly...

The one level it DOES summon is LOWER than the wiki says it should be. Wiki says it should hit for (max) 12-16, but this pet maxes for 11... every single cast.

This spell is broken.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

For what it's worth, I believe if you want to show it should be fixed you need to post evidence in era. While I don't know for sure, EQ was filled with tons of quirks that don't make sense (this may be one of them). They have tried to create the same world with those quirks.

Also, referencing a wiki page won't count as evidence. They could be created from out of era content or have bad information.

I think your only shot with this post is if a dev looked at the code for that spell and found a glitch they didn't intend.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Hello! Here is the link you need for this bug report:

EQ Castersrealm entry on Convoke Shadow from 2003:
http://web.archive.org/web/200306101...ell.asp?Id=396

Looking through the comments, there's the occasional conflicting information. Some state the max level is level 11, others say that you can very very very rarely get a level 12 pet who hits for 18. I have the relevant comments quoted below.

2003 comment:
Quote:
Class: Warrior
Total HP: 200
Damage per swing: 16
Damage per bash: 6
Skills: Bash.
2001 comment (comment page 5):
Quote:
Not your fault, level 12 is a VERY weak pet circle for us.The highest possible pet to summon at lvl 12, is a lvl 12.Even this pet only hits for 18, while the lvl 8 pet spell was capable of hitting for 14.I am pretty sure that bash is the same damage for this level.Half of your pets can't even hit magical creatures.Often times hard to tell how strong your pet is when you get to like level 15 and 14.At 14, both the 10-12 lvl pets will all con the same.Again at 15, hardest lvl of this whole sorry marathon(last level before your new spell circle is always hardest.Always seems the longest too!)you pretty much have to have the best possible pet that you are LIKELY to get, which is lvl 11.Give up on summoning 12s.Funny thing is, that at lvl 12, I summoned up probably 3 or 4 lvl 12 pets and used them most of the way up to level 13.After I hit 13, I never summoned a 12 again.You can tell level by damage done.Sorry if I posted twice.
2001 comment (page 4):
Quote:
I have not had a even pet ether and am now lvl 13. But, Summon a pet and "test" it on a low lvl mob. Make sure it hits for max 16 hits, then give it a rusty halberd. I attack a wisp and pet attacks with rusty halberd and hits for 24 damage MAGIC!. Your pets will hit for magic with anything now!. Got a quest halberd from Dark Elf Warriors guild and give to my (16 hiter) pet and he hits for 26 a pop magic!. I can take on low red Kodiaks in West Commands with this pet and he walks away with half hits left and me two bubles of mana!

Zalis the Dark
Sulo Ro
2001 comment (page 3):
Quote:
Just wanted to post this info at the top, as when I started my necro this wasn't immediately obvious to me, and I couldn't find it clearly stated here. Your pets summonned with the lvl 12 convoke shadow spell will range between lvl 9 and 11. Lvl 9 pets hit for 12 max and can not hit magic. Lvl 10 pets hit for 14, and lvl 11 for 16. All pets lvl 10 and above hit magic.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 06-30-2017, 01:58 PM
Orc

bump