Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 07:24 PM
Kobold

The top raiders on this server are cock blocking assholes. Always have been. I started on the server way before kunark. People trained each other back then over fear/hate trash. Haven't had the slightest desire to raid here since.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

I heard from a reputable source it's the casuals blocking people now.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

I've purposely kept one of my alts at 52 (after spending a few months there with Mcoy), with the intention of replacing them with my next highest once they reached it, solely for the purpose of being able to experience V/N again. Tell me who to speak with to help make this happen...

-Mcoy
Old 08-22-2017, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard from a reputable source it's the casuals blocking people now.
Hey Cecily, I am thinking of trying the whole guild thing again. Where do I apply for <The Best>?
Old 08-22-2017, 08:01 PM
Fire Giant

To answer a tangential question:

I think CSG has done one Naggy in the last few months. A number of Voxes, though. Naggy is always a spectacular shitshow for the some of the reasons mentioned above (among others). Vox is usually a little more sane. Plus Vox helps us with epics whereas Naggy does not (so much - not as many pallies as bards).

Suggest we pick a week - first or last of the month - something regular - and agree to an open raid/time.

I'd really prefer that those in Naggy/Vox-capable guilds only showed in support rather than for loot. Part of the reason for doing this, it seems, is to put epics/dragon loot into the hands of those who might not see it otherwise. Not so much of a win if an AA or CSG alt won a white scale and sold it in EC. Kinda deflating and defeating. Prefer to see it go to an impossibly patient bard.

Just my .02. Whatever we can actually manage to work out along these lines would be a whole lot better than what we have now.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 08-22-2017, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonez138 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The top raiders on this server are cock blocking assholes. Always have been. I started on the server way before kunark. People trained each other back then over fear/hate trash. Haven't had the slightest desire to raid here since.
Times have changed.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To answer a tangential question:

I think CSG has done one Naggy in the last few months. A number of Voxes, though. Naggy is always a spectacular shitshow for the some of the reasons mentioned above (among others). Vox is usually a little more sane. Plus Vox helps us with epics whereas Naggy does not (so much - not as many pallies as bards).

Suggest we pick a week - first or last of the month - something regular - and agree to an open raid/time.

I'd really prefer that those in Naggy/Vox-capable guilds only showed in support rather than for loot. Part of the reason for doing this, it seems, is to put epics/dragon loot into the hands of those who might not see it otherwise. Not so much of a win if an AA or CSG alt won a white scale and sold it in EC. Kinda deflating and defeating. Prefer to see it go to an impossibly patient bard.

Just my .02. Whatever we can actually manage to work out along these lines would be a whole lot better than what we have now.
Stay gold, Ponyboy, stay gold. <3 Omni. Best part of CSG tbh.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:39 PM
Fire Giant

I hope this thread leads to a scheme where we can have some open dragon raids. It would be great for the server and I think its doable. The last open vox raid was a huge success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, so you spent 4+ months in a shitty random casual guild and now you have insightful commentary to share with those of us who've been dealing with this shit for years and are just now giving us a lesson on how things work in the raiding world.
You are wasting your time. He (Llancelot) did the exact same thing in a previous thread where ALS was trying to figure out how they could get a chance at the old world bosses. Many adults trying to work on the details in public/private while he spams the most negative/unhelpful/uneducated responses possible. Here you go: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=266076

Spoiler alert: he was wrong, and the server worked out an agreement to give ALS a chance at the mobs. Look how many signed it. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=266534
Last edited by Expediency; 08-22-2017 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: .
Old 08-22-2017, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope this thread leads to a scheme where we can have some open dragon raids. It would be great for the server and I think its doable. The last open vox raid was a huge success.

You are wasting your time. He (Llancelot) did the exact same thing in a previous thread where ALS was trying to figure out how they could get a chance at the old world bosses. Many adults trying to work on the details in public/private while he spams the most negative/unhelpful/uneducated responses possible. Here you go: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=266076

Spoiler alert: he was wrong, and the server worked out an agreement to give ALS a chance at the mobs. Look how many signed it. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=266534
With AG agreeing to this, the chances are fairly good now.

Glad to see you guys pulling your grubby neckbeardy hands off the low tier raid mobs to give real casuals a chance.

Looking forward to this, so I can participate! Thanks Expediency for being an adult and being a part of this.

Also, nice proof you got there showing just how helpful and giving the p99 raid community is. Really gives me confidence that this server is really turning it around now.

P.S. You aint talking to a beacon of optimism btw when you talking to Cecily. You act like my being negative in some past threads regarding the raid scene is here is some shock or something. News flash, the raid scene here is awful. And that's because of the players and their greed, nothing else.
Last edited by Lhancelot; 08-22-2017 at 09:24 PM..
Old 08-22-2017, 09:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok say you dont NBG it. How many people have friends that will all roll on it
Here in lies the old debate. Why does it matter who rolls/wins the loot? The casual guilds argue that the aren't given the opportunity to see dragons, but then loot is an issue. Well, which is it? Is it the encounter or the loot? I've long known it's both, but many won't admit that.
Closed Thread