Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Velious is all about Warriors Clerics and Rogues! Every time Aftermath is raiding those are the 3 classes I check for my guild and any competition. Monks are important but not in the aspect of Monks back in classic but as in monks from P99.

It's a whole different animal!
Old 08-25-2017, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

It's not hard to play a rogue well, but a lazy rogue is pretty easy to point out. Know your tanks!
Old 08-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you doing this
I thought this exactly and face palmed.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not hard to play a rogue well, but a lazy rogue is pretty easy to point out. Know your tanks!
What does an active rogue do that a lazy rogue doesn't? And what kind of difference is it making?

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 08-25-2017, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Evading has been muscle memory at this point so I can do it without paying much attention. Wearing the proper resist gear is also something even a lazy rogue could manage.
A non-lazy rogue would look out for things like the mob being pushed the wrong way and moving to adjust. Stopping attack if the mob gets flipped in enrage so as to not eat the enrage. Perhaps having a soulfire handy to save someone if things start to turn bad. Clicky potions to lessen the burden on healers.
Those are just some simple things I can think of. But I haven't raided full time since early Kunark.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:26 PM
Aviak

A good rogue groups with a cleric/druid/shaman for aoe heals. A lazy rogue stands in the cleric corner asking for a heal.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:28 PM
Banned

don't make a rogue unless you're going guildless or gonna join a sleepers farming guild. all other gear upgrades are very very pointless.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Bad rogues are ones that are AFK during the engage, or don't turn off attack if the mob flips especially during enrage. Bad rogues aren't helping with CR's, or scouting when needed.

Basically bad rogues show up to collect DKP and lewt.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bad rogues are ones that are AFK during the engage, or don't turn off attack if the mob flips especially during enrage. Bad rogues aren't helping with CR's, or scouting when needed.

Basically bad rogues show up to collect DKP and lewt.
I fondly remember a rogue on a Hate raid who didn't get grouped, pressed hide and thought he'd be good to afk for over an hour as we cleared the entrance. DKP per hour was added by the bot regardless of participation obviously so what could go wrong? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Most of us had see invis one way or another and yeah, that was addressed. Persistent afkers (actually just lazy/leeching, not family/kids related) on raids are the worst.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does an active rogue do that a lazy rogue doesn't? And what kind of difference is it making?
Pulls with a bow.

While leveling I often pulled when the KC monks are burnt out, lazy or for some other reason. Obviously this isn't the best min/max situation with the rogue pulling but you can at least pull mobs out of the moat at a long distance where a monk can't.
Closed Thread