Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was in a Lineage II clan with a guy named Maynard who also liked Tool. And after watching some interviews... That guy sounded an awful lot like Maynard. Was a cool dude.
I cannot imagine MJK ever wasting time on something like a MMORPG. Not that I consider it a waste of time - nothing you enjoy spending time on is ever a waste. But it seems like the antithesis of who he is as a person, based on his life, his upbringing, his memoir, and every (serious) interview he's ever done on how he operates and creates.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I'm allowing for the possibility that I'm totally wrong. But if I'm right that's pretty cool. Tool got me through a lot of hard times.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHusk2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I was in college, Ben Stein was the keynote speaker at my university's state-of-the-university address.

He spent a solid 35 minutes ranting about Everquest. Now, I know that EQ basically destroyed his son's life, and I don't necessarily disagree with him about the harmful effects of playing EQ all the time. But, this was in 2010 and he was addressing a room full of mostly 18-22 year olds. I'm 100% certain I was one of maybe 4 or 5 people in that room who even knew what EQ was. If he had mentioned World of Warcraft, I think his point would have been more accurately conveyed.

He spent the rest of his time pandering to southerners and defending Richard Nixon.

It was a weird night.
What happened to Ben Stein's son? Did he get pixel fever?

He didn't off himself after he lost his corpse like that one dude, did he? Google search yields no results related to Tom Stein's EverQuest habits.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I'm allowing for the possibility that I'm totally wrong. But if I'm right that's pretty cool. Tool got me through a lot of hard times.
MJK is one of my favorite artists alive now. Music-wise I think he has only gotten better particularly if you consider what he is producing with his band Puscifer.

Puscifer's cover of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" has got to be the best cover of this song, ever. The video also is supremely entertaining! (link of video of Youtube below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LoiblDKBDc
Old 09-19-2017, 01:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happened to Ben Stein's son? Did he get pixel fever?

He didn't off himself after he lost his corpse like that one dude, did he? Google search yields no results related to Tom Stein's EverQuest habits.
This article mentions it a bit:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/addicte...uest-overload/
Old 09-19-2017, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDICTED: EVERQUEST OVERLOAD?
"It's a game. But it's a game that's a dangerous game. This one is different. This one is so intoxicating, so seductive," he says.

Ben Stein says his son regularly stayed up all night playing. "It was as if he had a demon living inside him. I mean, it was as if he had some kind of evil spirit living inside him," he says.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The lead singer from an 80s one hit wonder band played on E'ci/Tunare and was in my guild
Who was that?
Old 09-19-2017, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

We have a celeb who play's p99 his name is necrious.... he never talks in ts at all he doesnt want us to know who he is....

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 09-19-2017, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have a celeb who play's p99 his name is necrious.... he never talks in ts at all he doesnt want us to know who he is....
Must be someone famous with a really distinctive voice... Morgan Freeman IRL, maybe?
Old 09-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

I think he may be Marcel Marceau.
Closed Thread